Masterchef The Professionals and Doctor Who

discobob

On 16/12/2023 at 18:13, old'un said:

Agreed, I am a big Sci-fi fan but the story lines in Dr Who are sometimes so deep it makes it hard watching, Sci-fi should be just that, without trying to entangled today's social issues into the story line.

One of the most successful Sci-fi series was Gene Roddenberry, Star-Trek, pure Sci-fi, easy watching with good story lines, although it looks a little dated today some of the gadgets and technology depicted in the series were just the writers imagination but some of that imagination is now common place today.

Give me Sci-fi not woke issues.

Ah but the bbc is all about trying to educate us? For a fee of course.

Edited by old man

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

watching 'Red Dwarf' in the 90s, at the time we barely noticed or cared that 2 of its lead cast were black/mixed-race actors, or that they did a male-female transition of another of the lead characters.  Mostly because they were more interested in gags and story telling than 'messaging'.

How very true but I have heard that some of the Wokerati have their knives out for it and want to stop the repeats???

On 18/12/2023 at 08:31, discobob said:

Nerdrotic, Disparu, Heel, Drinker by any chance??

I tend to not watch the news anymore - I did see a little bit on Welsh News which was on about the trail bikes damaging grass - with the wording "now unable to collect CO2" or suchlike...Luckily I missed the telly with the remote - that could have been expensive

Yep.

Physical media is the future, get it while you still can.

Dont throw things at your screen. Gary at Nerdrotic did that and broke a $500 screen on a stream. It was funny to watch when he lost it over something to do with Disneys Galactic Starcruiser hotel.

2 hours ago, Lord O War said:

Yep.

Physical media is the future, get it while you still can.

Dont throw things at your screen. Gary at Nerdrotic did that and broke a $500 screen on a stream. It was funny to watch when he lost it over something to do with Disneys Galactic Starcruiser hotel.

Have you watched the documentaries by Nerdwars??

All Hail the Fellowship!!😀👍

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lord O War said:

All Hail the Fellowship.  I missed his UK visit because the meetup was in That London. They will be more central next visit so I hope to go then. LOL What a Nerd

I would love to meet them as well - so fingers crossed (but hope that it isn’t Birmingham 😂)