A goose for Christmas

Assynt3

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Your memory is still pretty good Simon , yes it was Rocky , Jacks ole dog was certainly a bag filla , one day when we were doing Partridges his dog must have cost the guns a small fortune as it kept pegging the Redlegs after they had worn themselves with being pushed about and the heat as the keeper very rarely let one go once it have been pegged.

Both Jack and Tom Henwood were very good company throughout the day , Capt Flatt was alright as long as there wasn't many women about as his ole nose would be working overtime sniffing them out , 

tom flatt was a fanny rat.....he was courting my mrs's mother (ruth) at one time,.....she was renting a cottage on the somerleyton estate..and he was the somerleyton factor....he also had a fancy for my mrs when she was a young teenager ...dirty ole ******:lol:

mind you ..my mother -in-law was a sex godess.......she died in a car crash years before i turned up on the scene

6 hours ago, Penelope said:

The best of the two IMO, nice a friendly. You must of shot with Mal and/or Sandy?

Was the very friendly Rottweiler in residence?

I shot with Mal mostly. Sandy was with him one year but…. Last time we were there, a long time ago, there were two Rotties, one a pup. Happy memories and some great flights including a moon flight on a flooded tattie field 

Edited by Dave at kelton
Typo

23 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

I shot with Mal mostly. Sandy was with him one year but…. Last time we were there, a long time ago, there were two Rotties, one a pup. Happy memories and some great flights including a moon flight on a flooded tattie field 

I wonder if it is the same flooded tattie field that I had a marvelous moon flight on. Between the Loch and the motorway, sort of Vane farm side?

First year went with Alan Murray, but guided by Sandy. Sandy shifted on to working with Mal and we went them them for a good number of years, staying in the Well.

Was Albert (Split Pin as we nicknamed him) working behind the bar when you were there?

Salmon fished on the Tay at the start of the season with Mal a couple of times, staying at his place in Cardenden. Mal had two of biggest Labs I've ever seen. Mac and his son, Dodge.

23 hours ago, Salmo said:

We usually have loads of geese and are near Kinross your welcome to a go I’ve sent you a DM

Good man!!

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

I wonder if it is the same flooded tattie field that I had a marvelous moon flight on. Between the Loch and the motorway, sort of Vane farm side?

First year went with Alan Murray, but guided by Sandy. Sandy shifted on to working with Mal and we went them them for a good number of years, staying in the Well.

Was Albert (Split Pin as we nicknamed him) working behind the bar when you were there?

Salmon fished on the Tay at the start of the season with Mal a couple of times, staying at his place in Cardenden. Mal had two of biggest Labs I've ever seen. Mac and his son, Dodge.

Good man!!

Sounds like the same field. Lost my wellie half way across trying to get in place quickly as we heard geese coming off the Loch. Albert was behind the bar first couple of years and that was 27 years ago now! It will all be in my diaries somewhere.