Itch scratched

impala59

20 hours ago, impala59 said:

My ‘68 Greener, budget buy from Holts cleaned up ok and in pretty good order internally too. Not sure what I’m going to use it for but is nice addition to the cabinet!B634AD3E-1646-4416-B04D-BDA7065EDF3B.jpeg.cac3e030f421663ff143d16bb6b01158.jpeg

I have always wanted to try one of these brilliant addition to your cabinet 

Well I decided to make it a target slug gun. Barrel reduced to 24.5” crowned, ported and reblued. It is now true cylinder bore. A forward sling swivel fitted which doubles as a mount point for a temporary bipod for zeroing. A new oversize bead gives a great sight picture with the original v slot on the receiver.

Looking to possibly mount an optical sight, probably have to fabricate as I’m pretty sure that Greeners don’t usually have these!

6A22A64D-269A-41A0-AAEB-11B70B1FD827.jpeg.5194ebc827d394847619d382d33c9838.jpeg

lt looks and feels like a very purposeful gun and I can’t wait to get out to the range to try it out

20 minutes ago, impala59 said:

Well I decided to make it a target slug gun. Barrel reduced to 24.5” crowned, ported and reblued. It is now true cylinder bore. A forward sling swivel fitted which doubles as a mount point for a temporary bipod for zeroing. A new oversize bead gives a great sight picture with the original v slot on the receiver.

Looking to possibly mount an optical sight, probably have to fabricate as I’m pretty sure that Greeners don’t usually have these!

6A22A64D-269A-41A0-AAEB-11B70B1FD827.jpeg.5194ebc827d394847619d382d33c9838.jpeg

lt looks and feels like a very purposeful gun and I can’t wait to get out to the range to try it out

Is it chambered for 2.3/4 if you don’t mind me asking 🤔

I theory, perhaps, you might be able to side mount a 'scope to the receiver with longer screws that replace the existing screws? On the lines of the old "no gunsmithing" mounts that did similar with Lee-Enfield rifles. My advice FWIW is in fact to look at using a rear peep sight instead of an optical sight? I think that will give better accuracy than the existing bead and notch and almost as good as an optical sight.