MOSSBERG CHOKES.

Minky

Son in Law has a Mossberg pump but only one choke.  It is a flush fitting choke.  Are there other types and makes that fit and are compatible, such as Berreta or Browning. I  have looked through the  for for sale but haven't seen any. Advise me.

2 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Not wanting to steal the topic but can the fixed choke models be hushpowered? 

If you either own the land or have written permission why would you spend money to loose performance of a gun. let it ring out and let them know that you are out on patrol. using a silenced weapon always seems to be either that someone is trying to be hiding or up to no good, being out where they shouldn't be. Tell me why.?

Edited by Minky

Thanks for the replies.  I have a browning with a LOT of chokes so when I next go shooting with him we can offer a choke and see if it does fit.  Not that he needs a different choke.  He shoots really well with it as it is, so I can't see any real advantage to changing the one that he uses to something different.  Personally I have decided to stick to one pair of chokes which is half & half in top and bottom.

18 minutes ago, Minky said:

If you either own the land or have written permission why would you spend money to loose performance of a gun. let it ring out and let them know that you are out on patrol. using a silenced weapon always seems to be either that someone is trying to be hiding or up to no good, being out where they shouldn't be. Tell me why.?

Livestock.