Blocking adverts

steve_b_wales

I use Firefox on my Macbook Air as a browser (prefer it to Apples native Safari).  As an 'add blocker' I use uBlock origin - which is downloaded (free) inside Firefox as a 'plug in'.  It works very well.

On my 'phone and pad (iPhone and iPad) I use Adblock Plus which work with Apple's Safari browser.

8 minutes ago, martinj said:

such as - I installed an Ad Blocker but got enough messages from it to get cheesed off and uninstall it

I get none from uBlock Origin - at least if I do they are so infrequent I can't remember any.  I had something else before (name forgotten) and it became intrusive - so I moved to uBlock origin and have been happy with that.

3 minutes ago, martinj said:

I think it was called Ad Blocker

well if its the same as the one in the link I posted then no, never had any pop-ups apart from one that asked if I wanted to upgrade it, the free version I have works in the back ground and the best ad blocker I have used so far

BTW I managed to tone down the Advert content on this site by changing the settings in the ads, now I get this kind of thing:

image.png.80c2cb77542ac0bf833daffe11bbace4.png

Whereas on shoot-clay site I still get this nonsense:

image.png.86906ecb478d067f64d4b77f78bcb45f.png image.png.0e970140d5d924ac5bd9f1e1df9c278f.pngimage.png.0f1d8bd5583d6f1c654d9028595d6478.png

I know, it's awful! I'm going to use the Ad blocker any month now