AYA 28 bore.

snarepeg

I bought an AyA #2 rounded action. I only went in for a new mop and the little beauty was there waiting for someone to take it home. I did ask to look at it and although I loved it, it was way more than the wool mop was. So I just couldn't justify it to  myself.  Nearly a year later I was back in there and there it was waiting like a dog that had been told to stay and was waiting for master to return.  I was told that a Belgian had originally ordered it and  when it arrived he looked at it and was so impressed that he changed his mind and changed the order to a custom #1.  I shouldered the beauty and after a chat about hounds and the wind I  struck a deal and the beauty was coming home with me.  It is a real joy to shoot and chops stuff down like it has been hit with a hammer. I bought a Mec size master to  churn out fibre loads which compliment the calibre like the original 28 loadings and which are reasonably cost effective.  28s are expensive to feed factory loads. You'll  love it. Everyone who has handled and shot it is impressed with the  quality, the looks, the handling and the  shooting effect.  Which 28 did you get.?

Plenty of shot, and a shot dropper as backup.

wads i can get from C&G an hours drive, will see what turns up. 

26 minutes ago, Minky said:

I bought an AyA #2 rounded action. I only went in for a new mop and the little beauty was there waiting for someone to take it home. I did ask to look at it and although I loved it, it was way more than the wool mop was. So I just couldn't justify it to  myself.  Nearly a year later I was back in there and there it was waiting like a dog that had been told to stay and was waiting for master to return.  I was told that a Belgian had originally ordered it and  when it arrived he looked at it and was so impressed that he changed his mind and changed the order to a custom #1.  I shouldered the beauty and after a chat about hounds and the wind I  struck a deal and the beauty was coming home with me.  It is a real joy to shoot and chops stuff down like it has been hit with a hammer. I bought a Mec size master to  churn out fibre loads which compliment the calibre like the original 28 loadings and which are reasonably cost effective.  28s are expensive to feed factory loads. You'll  love it. Everyone who has handled and shot it is impressed with the  quality, the looks, the handling and the  shooting effect.  Which 28 did you get.?

AYA NUMBER 3 NON EJECTER. 👍😊

A solid performer that will give a lifetime of service. Is that model marked up as suitable for steel.  Mine is steel proofed and stamped with the fleur-de-lis and..steel proof on the flats. Chambered  for 70mm.  without getting it out I am. Not sure of the chokes but I  think that it could be 1/4 》》1/2 fixed

9 hours ago, Minky said:

A solid performer that will give a lifetime of service. Is that model marked up as suitable for steel.  Mine is steel proofed and stamped with the fleur-de-lis and..steel proof on the flats. Chambered  for 70mm.  without getting it out I am. Not sure of the chokes but I  think that it could be 1/4 》》1/2 fixed

At 89 im not personally worried about the steel shot😊☹️

not had much time to check it out yet, but Sunday a couple of rounds at clays.

bores are good, wood tidy, and action blueing still there.

a solid leather  slip lined with greeb baize like billiard table covering also with it,weighs as much as the gun, certainly protects it.

looking forward to getting older {by 2 days) for a shot  with it.👍

10 hours ago, Minky said:

Just had a look.

not stamped for steel.fixed choke bur cant make out markings.

70mm chambers, still on original firing pins with the look of it, disc marks not moved?

its had some use, the slightest of movement when you shake it but has most of its colour, checkering worn smooth but happy with it.

scores after Sunday😊👍

13 hours ago, snarepeg said:

Due to getting older and less energy have gone to 28 guage,

nice light and fits a treat.

so looking for 28 guage related stuff for reloading. 
DN11 AREA.

ive got some wads john

Well, pleased with first go, managed a 18/25 on skeet and 15/25 on sports trap, room for improvement but enjoying the challenge.

winced at every shot, not with body pain, wallet as not cheap to buy.

good news, posness/Warren and goodies coming.

On 18/02/2024 at 11:33, snarepeg said:

Well, pleased with first go, managed a 18/25 on skeet and 15/25 on sports trap, room for improvement but enjoying the challenge.

winced at every shot, not with body pain, wallet as not cheap to buy.

good news, posness/Warren and goodies coming.

That's great to read. Good on you. I hope I'm still able to shoot at 89! You have 3 decades on me, but with a knackered shoulder, I fear the worst...