Horners Auctioneers Acle Norfolk

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

find out what the AYA sxs went for please

Which one as there were a couple in the sale. The XXV Churchill style sidelock made about £410 I think. There was a tidy looking AYA boxlock too but would need to check my notes to see if I made a note of what that made. 
Some of the Victorian taxidermy made strong money.

18 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

Which one as there were a couple in the sale. The XXV Churchill style sidelock made about £410 I think. There was a tidy looking AYA boxlock too but would need to check my notes to see if I made a note of what that made. 
Some of the Victorian taxidermy made strong money.

the churchill rib one...............if it was in good condition that was a cracking price

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have to agree Simon, they were a lot more money new compared to todays prices

has that one got an adjustable comb/ cheek piece...?

Edited by ditchman

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

the churchill rib one...............if it was in good condition that was a cracking price

I have my list of in front of me now…

The AYA Churchill rib XXV sidelock made £420.

Tolley sidelock (with two sets barrels) £540.

Plus fees etc.

Edited by Miserableolgit

9 hours ago, Miserableolgit said:

No, I bid on one or two but stick to my pre set limits otherwise it’s all to easy to keep going. As it turns out there were only one or two bids after I dropped out.

You are not alone when you drop out of the bidding and then it goes on the very next bid , but as you say it is no good if you set yourself a limit and then ignore it and just keep  bidding , mind you I have often ignored my better judgement and came away with spending more money than I intended , don't we all :lol:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

You are not alone when you drop out of the bidding and then it goes on the very next bid , but as you say it is no good if you set yourself a limit and then ignore it and just keep  bidding , mind you I have often ignored my better judgement and came away with spending more money than I intended , don't we all :lol:

I find that when you are in a saleroom you can see folks and possibly gauge if one more bid will seal the deal so I'll maybe go over my limit, but online you get little idea if you will get lucky by popping one or two bids in and before you know it you get carried away and end up paying over the odds especially when commission and tax is added. 

There was lovely .22 Bsa Improved Model, a late one with the side lever. On first look at the photos it looked reblued, but after some scrutiny I think it was original. I would have bought that but the no posting would have meant a 500 mile round trip and my pickup isnt the best on juice. Which was a shame. Auction prices have dropped a lot for the more everyday items.

On 22/04/2024 at 08:21, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i am sure i read on another shooting forum it was around £400 plus costs

Aye, as I said a few posts back..

The AYA Churchill rib XXV sidelock made £420.

Tolley sidelock (with two sets barrels) £540.

Plus fees etc.

I was watching both.