Attaching sign to a tree

Dougy

2 minutes ago, old man said:

Got used to that along with runner and assorted dogs.

The thing was, even with 2 of us spotting deer with thermal, neither of us saw him, it was like he was dropped in by helicopter. 

Just now, Dougy said:

The thing was, even with 2 of us spotting deer with thermal, neither of us saw him, it was like he was dropped in by helicopter. 

No real surprise, where I was it got so bad that the access signs denoting cull days were removed as meaningless.

on two occasions I've been decoying and had random walkers come right in front of the hide.  Although I had been shooting there was a  quiet spell.   I hadn't noticed these people and suddenly they saw the flock of decoys and stopped.  I  think that they were sure that these pigeons should have flown away.  One clapped hands and the walkers seemed entranced that the pigeon had taken no notice of them. It was at this  point that one of the walkers decided to climb  over the wire fence to investigate the hypnotised decoys.  This was a situation of the decoys decoying the people.  I couldn't let this happen and matey strain the fence or risk him leaving body parts on the fence. I  made my presence known to these walkers and they were surprised that I was there and they were there and the decoys were there.  I  redirected them back to the footpath  and  the route to  go and carried on shooting.  Still at least I  could be  sure that I had done a good job of the hide, but there again it showed how blind people are/can be.

One farmer had a parcel of land threw a wood and there was 6 foot deer fencing and no shooting signs all threw the private wood all where full of pellet holes signs are a waste of time nobody bothers about reading them now 

7 hours ago, Bigbob said:

One farmer had a parcel of land threw a wood and there was 6 foot deer fencing and no shooting signs all threw the private wood all where full of pellet holes signs are a waste of time nobody bothers about reading them now 

If we don't do anything we accept what we get. I'm happy just trying. You will never prevent the scrtote type but there's a couple that walks their dogs that may think twice. Probably more so after they hear a rifle shot. 👍

We'll have to wait and see. 

14 hours ago, Dougy said:

If we don't do anything we accept what we get. I'm happy just trying. You will never prevent the scrtote type but there's a couple that walks their dogs that may think twice. Probably more so after they hear a rifle shot. 👍

We'll have to wait and see. 

And therein lies the problem maybe?

Giving them brown kecks may result in a visit from an ARV?