Fresh from the tandoor

JohnfromUK

All (except two lumps to try) gone in the freezer, vac packed in 100g bundles.  In fact, it's nice with a 'wet' type curry like a vegetable curry, which I make when I have leftover veggies and add the frozen chicken tikka pieces and a (often from a jar) curry sauce.  Makes a nice 'two pots meal' with some rice.

Look great, I do mine on a metal skewer @200 deg C for 10 - 12 minutes, I place the skewers over an oven baking tin and pour 1/2 cup of boiling water in the bottom of the tin as it goes in the oven, the steam from the water keeps the chicken moist. 

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

Look great, I do mine on a metal skewer @200 deg C for 10 - 12 minutes, I place the skewers over an oven baking tin and pour 1/2 cup of boiling water in the bottom of the tin as it goes in the oven, the steam from the water keeps the chicken moist. 

I did these to a (internal measured) temperature of 75 - 80 C, which did take around 10-15 mins at 200C ........ but done on a tray with parchment underneath.  There was plenty of steam!  They had been 48 hours in the spiced yoghurt marinade, and 4 hoursv before that in lemon juice/ginger/garlic mix. 

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

i feel tandorri and chips coming on..............next week........(im doing and egg and potatoe curry this week).....this site is very good for ideas :good:

They are good with chips - and some mayo with a little curry powder stirred in ........