Royal Mail parcel tracking

Fargo

Good afternoon

Posted a tracked parcel to someone

Not turned up

Bought postage at a PO and like usual they give you a small paper receipt which in 4 days I don’t have a clue where I put it

Can I get the tracking by calling or another way- I have been on hold for 17 mins already to see but thought I’d ask heRe

If you paid by card then theoretically you would think there was a way of locating the transaction so they could give you the tracking number. I’m not sure if it’s PO policy to do that though.

If you paid by cash then I don’t see how they could find it.

Future tip to all. Go online directly to Parcelforce website. It is slightly cheaper if you do....even if dropped off at the local to you Post Office...and cheaper still if taken to a local Parcelforce Depot (mine is but five minutes away a benefit of having an industrial estate on the village boundary with Leicester).

https://www.parcelforce.com/sending-a-parcel

They email you a receipt and also you download and print the label so you always have the tracking number to hand in your email. You will need scales (bathroom scales work for me) and a metric tape measure plus a PC with access to a printer. 

Edited by enfieldspares

If you use the Royal Mail app, you get the tracking number, which can be traced, and the parcel can be picked up from your house, with the option of the postman bringing a label for you.

Good luck with that , I can order something from China or America and the tracking will tell me where it is through every depot or sorting office throughout the world even through different countries but all I have ever had from royal fail is we have got it or we have delivered it , Even then it can be a week after I have received it will still not say that it has been delivered.

11 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Good luck with that , I can order something from China or America and the tracking will tell me where it is through every depot or sorting office throughout the world even through different countries but all I have ever had from royal fail is we have got it or we have delivered it , Even then it can be a week after I have received it will still not say that it has been delivered.

Is that Royal Mail Recorded Delivery which only provides advice of delivery? Or the fully tracked service offered by Parcelforce which tracks at every stage of the process? 

Edited by enfieldspares

I  use Royal Mail all the time, I have never in all my years had a parcel go astray, I do all my postage on line so I have the details and tracking numbers there, when I take the parcel to the PO, I photograph it at the counter, then I photograph the receipt before I leave the shop and lose it.

A friend of mine lost a valuable knife in the post, so I never send anything without doing the above. A little bit of trouble for peace of mind.

14 minutes ago, ozalid said:

I  use Royal Mail all the time, I have never in all my years had a parcel go astray, I do all my postage on line so I have the details and tracking numbers there, when I take the parcel to the PO, I photograph it at the counter, then I photograph the receipt before I leave the shop and lose it.

A friend of mine lost a valuable knife in the post, so I never send anything without doing the above. A little bit of trouble for peace of mind.

Normally I buy online also so is easy but last week and week before where very busy and had draw some cash out and as that’s at post office did the postage there 

2 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Normally I buy online also so is easy but last week and week before where very busy and had draw some cash out and as that’s at post office did the postage there 

Yes, know what you mean, next time take a pic of the receipt straight away, then you're covered.