Am I being pedantic?

More and more, it seems, around here middle aged women, once happy to be Dog walkers or to give basic training, are advertising their classes as "Gundog Training". Looking at some of the pictures on Faceache the whole affair looks laughable ie French Bulldog chewing a soft toy or some mongrel following it's owner around a field because they have a treat in their hand. Daft dog owners are attracted like moths to a flame and I often meet people with dogs completely out of control who assure me that their dog is being gundog trained. Am I just being a cynical old *** here because I'm on the edge of posting some narky comments?.

We are in an age of "Will your fur baby be eating with you" when booking a restaurant, so gun dog training coupled with Tai chi by a qualified vegan in hand knitted 10 inch Meindl's comes as no surprise and yes you are a cynical old ###

43 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

More and more, it seems, around here middle aged women, once happy to be Dog walkers or to give basic training, are advertising their classes as "Gundog Training". Looking at some of the pictures on Faceache the whole affair looks laughable ie French Bulldog chewing a soft toy or some mongrel following it's owner around a field because they have a treat in their hand. Daft dog owners are attracted like moths to a flame and I often meet people with dogs completely out of control who assure me that their dog is being gundog trained. Am I just being a cynical old *** here because I'm on the edge of posting some narky comments?.

Just another selling point for the gullible. 

29 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just another selling point for the gullible. 

Big time this! You always get a furrowed brow when you then ask them what kind of gundog training? Wildfowling dog? Beating line? Picking up?

4 hours ago, aberisle said:

My favorite is when they tell you they have a Working Cocker Spaniel, when they really mean is its an unemployed  Cocker Spaniel.

Yep, come across many people with "Working Spaniels" often without a hair out of place and wearing a neckerchief and a harness displaying K9 Security 😡.

Problem is anyone can start up as a trainer without any experience and with some decent marketing can be come a 'industry leader'. The only qualifications that mean anything are either 'Royal Army Veterinary Corp' or some one who owns a FT Ch prefix. Just wait until the kennel club launches it's own trainer scheme with several grades of positive only ****. There will be black belt gundog training Karen's in every town.