Putin warns South Korea

old'un

Moscow and Pyongyang have agreed to provide each other with immediate military assistance if either faces armed aggression, wonder where this will take us? Putin is playing a game of chess with the west, he’s put two fingers up to the UN Security Council and the U.S.

BBC link….https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1ee8x221lno

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, it does seem a bit odd as Putin is struggling to find weapons and men, perhaps Putin hopes North Korea will send its soldiers to fight in Ukraine.

Can't see that happening. 

Don't think anybody leaves (try and escape yes) north korea. 

4 minutes ago, mellors said:

Can't see that happening. 

Don't think anybody leaves (try and escape yes) north korea. 

Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un have signed an agreement pledging that Russia and North Korea will help each other in the event of "aggression" against either country, what that would means I can only guess...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ceddqkqzd5wo

I think Kim Jong Un wants Russian long range rocket technology and that can only be for one reason….

2 hours ago, eggy74 said:

What military assistance could Russia offer N.K. considering they are begging N.K. for ammo ? Im assuming N.K. already has its own nukes.

Are you serious ?
Missile tech, fighter jets, jamming equipment, NK is decades behind in military technology.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Yep, it does seem a bit odd as Putin is struggling to find weapons and men

I wouldnt believe everything you hear, its Ukraine who are struggling to find fresh meat, they are trying to get refugees in the EU deported back home to fight.

54 minutes ago, old'un said:

I think Kim Jong Un wants Russian long range rocket technology and that can only be for one reason….

They already have some stuff that can reach the US, they know if they attacked they would be crispy fried though.

The weird one though is that they already have an ally next door in China, who no doubt supply them with all kinds of kit, but no one mentions that in respect to this (non) story.

24 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Are you serious ?
Missile tech, fighter jets, jamming equipment, NK is decades behind in military technology.

I wouldnt believe everything you hear, its Ukraine who are struggling to find fresh meat, they are trying to get refugees in the EU deported back home to fight.

They already have some stuff that can reach the US, they know if they attacked they would be crispy fried though.

The weird one though is that they already have an ally next door in China, who no doubt supply them with all kinds of kit, but no one mentions that in respect to this (non) story.

How do you read the agreement pledging that Russia and North Korea will help each other in the event of "aggression" against either country.

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

How do you read the agreement pledging that Russia and North Korea will help each other in the event of "aggression" against either country.

A good old sabre rattle.

They are telling the US/NATO, you help our enemies, we shall help yours.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

A good old sabre rattle.

They are telling the US/NATO, you help our enemies, we shall help yours.

Never mind, Trump will sort it all out. :whistling:

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Are you serious ?

They can get all that from their other "ally" China

The west is in a right state. We've gone soft and so has the milatry (and I mean numbers, capability, equipment and financing, not the brave individuals who serve). We need to start seriously funding them if we want any hope of detering much less fighting a major conflict with likes of China in the next 10 years.