how expensive are 20 bore cartridges.

I will soon be buying a side by side for my first gun.I have only shot with OAU's before but i hate the look of them, and its mainly game shooting i want to do.I an not sure wheater to get a 20 bore or 12 bore.I hear 20 bores are the best for game shooting but i kow the cartridges are expenisive.Could someone please give me a rougth estimate on how much a box of 25 game cartridges would cost?

Regards

I have a Lincoln Premier 20 Bore and I use this gun for pigeon shooting and clays, the cartridges are a little bit more expensive around 50p more per 25. You also need to remember that you need to be a little bit more Accurate as the pattern at 40 yds is a little bit smaller. apart from that its up to you what you get. BEFORE YOU BUY TRY. Go to a shooting ground and have one or two lessens and see what they recommend. then go to a proper gunsmith and get a gun from him and get it fitted to you.

Sundodger

if your gonna shot alot of clays then a 20b sbs isnt the best tool for the job. if your gona use 1oz loads for all your shooting you'll get a bit more of a kick then with 12b using 1oz, cos gun weighs less. i use to shot with a 20b sbs for a bit, nice light gun to walk rd with all day but in the end went back to 0/U 12b cos i always had them & shot better. Like what was said in other posts try out both 12b & 20b see what your comfortable with. look for gun with 1/4 & 1/2 choke you wont go wrong. :yes:

Its what suits you best, just remember the 2 important things= correct gun fit & point in i the right direction u'll kill it whether its a 12b, 20b or 410 :lol: