My new shotgun!

Hele Hunter

Guest The Outlaw
I have just bought a lamber over and under 20 bore for £175 . What cartiges would be best for rought shooting e.g rabbit, squirrel, pigeon, crow, magpie and foxes. Not to pricey but i would buy in the thousand.

The best I have seen any 20 bore shell are £160 a thousand for 28 gram 6's

They are okay for everything but I would use Magnum loaded bb or ssg for the foxes.

Tony

I use gamebore supergame high bird 30grm 6s for pigeon crow rabbit pheasant etc.

im the same age as you and they dont kick too much.

from the place i get them from they r £4.80 a box and £192 per 1000.

also hull high pheasant r good but are a bit pricy.

hope this helps.

Thankyou very much best comment so far.As i am only small i am about 5,5 and am 14 years old so woul the gram be ok.

What type of shooting do you do?

How much do those cartriges cost?

Now's the time to get homeloading. I started at your age and have enjoyed 46 years of it so far. I recently started Ferret Master on this hobby and he has put his heart and soul into it. He loads 20 gauge for about £90/1000.

He recently posted a mega item with pics. I think it is in Sporting Photos.

Enjoy your new gun.

FC

Gamebore Clear Pigeon 30g #6 are good cheap cartridges. I don't know what they go for now, but they're bound to be one of the cheapest now the same as they always have been. I wouldn't shoot a Fox with one unless it was sat on the barrels, but then I wouldn't shoot Crows, Pigeons and bunnies with a fox load either! If the gun has 3" magnum chambers, then get a box of Express Magnum Max Game 50g in BB shot. Not much will walk away from one of those, but they do kick a bit :good:

Just carry a couple of these heavy shells in a seperate pocket. If charlie does show his face you can do a quick change of ammo and let him have it!