• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Outlaw
Ho Hum,

England cocked it up again.

Harry Redknapp has my vote he can turn a very average team like England into a formidable team.

Look at his record so far.

We need a mans man in that job not a yes man.

Tony

Ps. not enough West Ham players in the England squad :oops:

Tony

Will you stay out of my head and stop passing my thoughts on as your own! :good:

We are both claret and blue and know our football :lol:

I have some very naughty thoughts sometimes, do you ?

It must be the eels :good:

Back to footie, The problem is and has been said many times, England are full of fringe players in thier club team with the exception of a handful.

The manager doesnt play them in thier natural positions.

They dont get enough time to play together as a team.

What we need is the defense of the old 80's ARSEnal

The midfield of Chelsea and Liverpool

The strikers of The Mancs

As whole units,

The style of play that WEST HAM used in the 60's thru to the 80's would have been great for our current shower of plop, fast

skillfull continental style footie.

Why stick to a system that is outdated and every other opponent knows it in side out, suprise them some times instead of

being predictable

They play regularly together and know each others moves.

England show sparks of good football now and again but its not enough to win a major tornament let alone qualify for one.

In fairness on the guts and determination shown by both England ( lack of) and The other home nation sides the others

should all be through and England out weeks ago.

Tony

Martin O'Neill for England manager?

I read somewhere that he didn't get the job last time because he didn't give a very good presentation at the interview. Pardon me, aren't presentations something that business managers should be good at and decent football managers possibly wouldn't be. Maybe a track record of crafting a decent team that is more than the sum of it's parts should be seen as more important.

There's a lot of flawed logic floating around about the number of foreign players in the Premier League keeping the young England players out of teams. We don't have a lot of young world football stars in our league, so the English players are being kept out by second string foreigners or foreigners from lesser nations. If our players aren't good enough to compete for a team place with them, how on Earth would taking the foreigners away improve the standards of English football?? If our players can't compete for a team place, they won't be able to compete against those same foreigners in a tournament. Protectionism encourages and rewards mediocrity.

I suspect that the problem runs right down to coaching at primary school level. I see little kids being coached in my local park, 7 year olds running up and down around cones, working on fitness. What's that supposed to achieve? Give the kids a ball and a place to kick it around and leave them to it. Let them enjoy themselves like kids used to, when playing football in the street was what kids did. That's what kids from Brazil do or from these Eastern European war-torn nations that have now overtaken us in terms of football skill.

Hi

My own opinion on this,is that we need to change the way we play..

European football is more about taking chances, and shooting when ever there is a chance on goal, we seem to want to keep the short passing going and only shoot when we get into the box.

When we do score is when we get the long ball in or a nice little crosser as Becks did last night.

I think some of the Team lack the passion of what it means to wear an England shirt...you could see the uplift in the playing as soon as beckam arrived on the pitch last night....its like he lifts them,

Ref New Blood into the Team, we do need to see alot more new faces and give the younge ones more of a chance of showing off their skills in these sort of matches...But I cant understand why anyone would want to put a new keeper in place on such a critical match as last night...he was not onlt dealing with the nerves of playing for England but also the pressure of the Game itself...and it showed that it was far to much for him last night, although he did save a smashing try at goal...

Playing for your Country should be a bonus for any sports man, it should not be about how much money you get paid.

These guys are representing people like Me and You..who have not got the skills todo the job ourselves but we wear our Shirts with pride...they should be giving 100% all the time..

Cheers

They're gonna change their names from 3 lions to 3 tampons.......'cause its the worst period we've ever gone through

Ps.....sorry if this joke has already been posted but I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the nonsense that those ponces north of the border have probably written......Tosspot Jocks