springer spanial

russ91

http://www.ukgundogs.org/

http://www.thegundogclub.co.uk/breederspringers.htm

http://www.thespanielclub.co.uk/societies.html

http://www.spaniels.org.uk/south_youkshire...iel_rescue.html

If you're willing to look nationwide for a breeder then there's loads. Also have a look in the gundog section of your favourite shooting monthly, for both adverts for pups and breeders.

no offence meant, but my first dog was a springer. Sure he takes alot of patience and time, will run me into the ground without breaking a sweat and has a habbit of eating underwear... but i wouldnt have had it any other way.

Imo if you are going to get a dog you,ve gotta go in eyes wide open and if you are willing to put the time in it really doesnt matter what breed you get - just get the one you want, no point regretting buying something you didnt really want because it was 'easier'.

no offence meant, but my first dog was a springer. Sure he takes alot of patience and time, will run me into the ground without breaking a sweat and has a habbit of eating underwear... but i wouldnt have had it any other way.

Imo if you are going to get a dog you,ve gotta go in eyes wide open and if you are willing to put the time in it really doesnt matter what breed you get - just get the one you want, no point regretting buying something you didnt really want because it was 'easier'.

tru tru thanks mate i am verry willing to put the time and efort in so i will do..

russ

Depends on the type of shooting you do, if you want a hunting/flushing dog then you can't beat a spaniel, if you want a dog for retrieving shot game then go for a lab. Both will do each others jobs, but for me it's horse for courses.

Rick.

I agree if most of your shooting is walked up/rough then get the correct dog for it....spaniel.

On the other hand if you do driven shooting or wildfowling get a retriever.

BUT first of all russ get a spell checker :good:

If it your first dog I would recommend a lab easier to train. Once you trained him/her up then get a spaniel.

Says Who?

My first dog is a Springer and labs must be **** easy to train then because my Springer was easy. It is all about time and patience with any breed.

If you don't put the effort in then you will ruin any breed.

If it your first dog I would recommend a lab easier to train. Once you trained him/her up then get a spaniel.

Says Who?

My first dog is a Springer and labs must be **** easy to train then because my Springer was easy. It is all about time and patience with any breed.

Thats what i thought martin,i have allways had spaniels and now that i have both spaniel and lab i can say without any hessitation the spaniel was a lot easier to train than the lab.

• 2 weeks later...

quote]

I agree if most of your shooting is walked up/rough then get the correct dog for it....spaniel.

On the other hand if you do driven shooting or wildfowling get a retriever.

BUT first of all russ get a spell checker :lol:

right thanks..

funny man

First off, he'ld be training the dog to hunt not read the paper!!!! :lol:

Having seen labs and springers working, if I were you............. I'ld get a springer!

Why a springer?, because they'll do exactly the same as a Lab and probably a little bit more! A very versatile dog, ideal for rough shooting, wildfowling and beating, just make sure that you get the training right from start and take your time with it.

Says Who?

been here before and you have done well, spaniels are far harder to steady than a lab. It all depends on what you want the dog to do. If its just work and work then a springer is fine but if youwant a dog to sit in a hide / peg with you then a lab is far easier. Of course its a generalisation and will depend a lot on the actual dog.