SPEEDING

ME

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One interesting thing is that they are asking me to fill in a means test. I have no problem with this as I have just started a new company and on paper I earn the minimum wage ! :good: What does it matter what anyone earns though ? Why should someone who works hard and earns a lot of money pay more than someone on the dole for the same "crime" ?

No one raising to the bait on this one then ?

Want to, but no.

And next time Gordon cuts you up in his Micra, just take it easy on him :yes:

Broken Man - your intelligent comments are a wonder to behold. Honda 50 - well, you would probably know all about them.

<said in the best drunk chavvette Essex accent> "leave it Broken Man - he ain't worth it" :good:

Chaps I have already put those very same questions to my client.

Provided it was dual carriageway and a 70 mph limit then he will be okay - best case 3 points and a whopping fine, worst case 5 points and a fine.

Most likely 4 points and £300.

That being said, all of the above could have been administered by post either on the fixed penalty scheme or other means of pleading guilty by post and mitigating on the rear of the form.

A non refusable request to share the pleasure of your company with the bench at the magistrates court does normally signify that you should not drive to Court on that particular occasion.

mungler cut the ****.

92 mph on a dual carriagewaydeserves a ban and make more room for old gudgies in micras :good:

As painful as it was and a constant reminder I got caught for 100.1 on the M23 Jan last year. The Police Officer kindly informed that anything over 30mph above the limit in my case 100 is instantly dealt with by a magistrate.

Fortunately, I chose to plead guilty and wrote a letter (something I am particularly good at) of situation and circumstance. I was awarded a fine £300 and 5 points.

I considered this to being as close to being let off as possible.

axe moderate your speed buy a nissan micra.

bloody boy racers tut tut :good::lol::sick::sick:

One interesting thing is that they are asking me to fill in a means test. I have no problem with this as I have just started a new company and on paper I earn the minimum wage ! :lol: What does it matter what anyone earns though ? Why should someone who works hard and earns a lot of money pay more than someone on the dole for the same "crime" ?

No one raising to the bait on this one then ?

for sale mountain bike low milage economical. :good:

As painful as it was and a constant reminder I got caught for 100.1 on the M23 Jan last year. The Police Officer kindly informed that anything over 30mph above the limit in my case 100 is instantly dealt with by a magistrate.

Fortunately, I chose to plead guilty and wrote a letter (something I am particularly good at) of situation and circumstance. I was awarded a fine £300 and 5 points.

I considered this to being as close to being let off as possible.

axe moderate your speed buy a nissan micra.

bloody boy racers tut tut :good::lol::sick::sick:

its not only boy racers that speed, you see lots of 40+ years speeding in their audi's and bmw's and it gets on my nerves when you on a motorway and your doing the national speed limit 70mph they are right up behind you. Just cos they got posh car doenst mean they rule the roads

• 1 month later...

:lol::good: :yp: :no::D:/:):):):):):):)

I called the Court Service today and got the bad news !

£ 75.00 fine and 3 points on my licence !! :good::lol:

What a joke ! What a waste of time !

I was in the wrong speeding I know and even though I have to pay the fine I think that is so pathetic ! I was prepared for a £500.00 fine and 6 points !!!

Oh well the Beretta Extrema II is now on order thanks to our **** legal system and court service :lol::lol::lol:

I was prepared for a £500.00 fine and 6 points !!!

And of course you offered to pay the difference?

I'd just be happy you got away with it. :good:

Yes, I have offered to pay the difference plus £500.00 more to the man at the gun shop for a new gun !!!

I am not complaining, I am just so surprised.

I had to pay £45.00 in court costs before Christmas so when I called up today I just had to pay £30.00 :lol:

If I hadnt given up boozing for January the beers would certainly be on me tonight !! :lol:

Be careful, showing that you are irresponsible can lose you your SGC:

Chief Constable of Essex v Germain (1991),

where the court ruled that a chief officer

was entitled, in revoking a shot gun

licence, to take into account the certificate

holder’s drink driving convictions. It was

felt that this demonstrated irresponsibility

and lack of self-control and justified the

chief officer believing there was a future

risk to the peace involving the shot gun;

and

Speeding isn't one of the offences they take SGC's for. I guess they may think about it if its extreme but I can't see whats written thats a problem. He's admitted it, its gone to court, fine paid job done. Wasn't as much as it could have been but thats the luck of the draw in court

Speeding isn't one of the offences they take SGC's for. I guess they may think about it if its extreme but I can't see whats written thats a problem. He's admitted it, its gone to court, fine paid job done. Wasn't as much as it could have been but thats the luck of the draw in court

Indeed, but his FEO might be trawling around on here.....

and if he is whats he going to say? he's got 3 points not murdered someone. There nothing is there to worry about in the slightest. then there is the agro of trying to track down who he is from his profile which doesn't exactly give name and address away.

Edited by al4x

and if he is whats he going to say? he's got 3 points not murdered someone. There nothing is there to worry about in the slightest. then there is the agro of trying to track down who he is from his profile which doesn't exactly give name and address away.

All I was saying is that it is best to avoid presenting yourself as an irresponsible person. It would not take much to revoke a shotgun certificate if they are not happy with you. Fighting the decision would cost thousands.

I.e. best to avoid putting on a public forum things like:

I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH

That is admitting that he had a problem with self-control, just a thought.

And I don't condone speeding, doing 100mph on a 70mph is dangerous and stupid.

Look at the energy values:

70 mph (assume car weighte 1500kg) 31.3 m/s

E = 0.5mv2

E = 0.5 x 1500 x (31.3x31.3)

734,768 J = 544,272 FT/LB

But doing 100mph

E = 0.5 x 1500 x (44.7x44.7)

E = 1,498,568J = 1,110,050 FT/LB

That is more than twice the energy...... that would make a mess if you hit something. :lol:

without wanting to argue but speed is all relative in a modern car 100 is safer than my fourtrak at 70 :lol:

If my FEO contacted me after something written on here I'd be tempted to ask whether he'd cleared the backlog of applications and if not his time might be more productively spent doing that than surfing the internet!

[indeed, but his FEO might be trawling around on here.....

***** - paranoid piffle !

If my FEO is reading................ I got done for speeding (like many others) and I got a fair fine, which I paid :good:

If the council are reading.......... I put some plastic in with my cardboard recycling last week :lol:

If the tax man is reading........... I claimed for the Dartford Tunnel toll fee once when I really went Northbound :lol:

If my wife is reading..................I once looked down a ladies top on a stag do :lol:

If my mum is reading................ That wet patch on the carpet when I was seventeen wasn't "the dog" :lol:

Got to go now there are "men in suits" at the door !!! :yp: :lol::good:

Slightly different but its to do with speeding my son lives in London and when he applied for his shotgun and FAC he was asked if he had any speeding charges.

When asked why he was told if you have it will save us processing your application because you will be turned down flat..

He hadn't any and 8 months later his ticket came through after i spent time on the phone to them complaining.

he does not even hold any guns its just so mine are on his ticket if anything happens to me, he only shoots when home with me.. :lol:

Edited by hawkeye

Slightly different but its to do with speeding my son lives in London and when he applied for his shotgun and FAC he was asked if he had any speeding charges.

When asked why he was told if you have it will save us processing your application because you will be turned down flat..

He hadn't any and 8 months later his ticket came through after i spent time on the phone to them complaining.

he does not even hold any guns its just so mine are on his ticket if anything happens to me, he only shoots when home with me.. :lol:

Mike, sort it out - I can't make head nor tail of what you are saying!