Betting on England

Fisherman Mike

I like a bit of patriotism, and its nice to see the cross of St George being unfurled and hanging from the car.

However, if anybody thinks we have a hope in hell of reaching the final stages of the E.T. let alone winning it.... well DREAM ON.

Last night the "BOYS WERE TIRED"... NO doubt they were out all day shopping and spending some of their 70 K per week, followed by a evening supping champagne at a posh club and shafting some bimbo in the Hotel room until the early hours of the morning.

OH to be a professional footballer...

We cant even beat a bunch of 5ft tall Sushi noshers... What hope against a proper team?:lol:

Rooney has the wrong sport, he should be in the ring, James is like dracula, No good with crosses! George best once said of Beckham... " He cant head it, he cant tackle, he aint very fast, he cant go by players and he doesnt score enough goals, apart from that he aint bad"... ( He was obviously right!) and... If the Neville Brothers are good enough to play for England then there is hope for me at 46!!!

Come and get me SVEN... at least I would be able to put a smile on Nancies face..

When she sees my small todger she will laugh her head off!!... :D:lol::lol:

FM,

I don't think this lot have the beating of any of the major European sides; Germany, France, Spain, Italy or Portugal.

When I woz a yoof I bust my knee joint and so spent the entire '66 World Cup campaign in Birmingham Orthpaedic Hospital in a bed opposite the tele.

I saw every game (twice!) What a contrast between the idle gonks comprising Sven the Swedish chef's present England side and Sir Alf's. Bobby Moore, the Charltons, Nobby and the rest would die for England, and if in doing so they got the game won, Ramsey wouldn't have cried at their funerals.

It breaks my heart to see this shower of indolent ****e plodding about the place. If Rooney was twice as good as he thinks he is, he'd be half the midfielder Alan Ball was. Remember what Alf said to AB in the final " Run them into the ground." And he did. Tiredness was not an excuse in Alf's eyes, it was someting you inflicted on the other bloke.

Regards, Eug, (POed)

I can't really talk coming from N.Ireland regarding football achivements but hearing D.Beckham's interview when he said "at half time the boy said they where tired" and "that was good excersise" nearly made me crash my car on the way into work. Where do they think they are ****** butlins holiday camp for the retired, come on.

It breaks my heart to see this shower of indolent ****e plodding about the place. If Rooney was twice as good as he thinks he is, he'd be half the midfielder Alan Ball was. Remember what Alf said to AB in the final " Run them into the ground." And he did. Tiredness was not an excuse in Alf's eyes, it was someting you inflicted on the other bloke.

Spot on mate...

FM

I agree with everyone I myself don't rate rooney, he is good on his day but in my eyes he is not consistent enough to be playing for a supposedly top International team.

I think England's midfield is excellent and they have an embarressment of riches but apart from that the team is pretty average.

As for tiredness all the teams in euro 2004 will have endured the same amount of domestic football so it will not be an excuse.

Me personally I don't care because I'm not English :D and my money is on Spain for euro 2004.

Fella's

Not wishing to sound like the angel of bad tidings . It wont matter what games England win or loose . As Team England will be thrown out of the tourny . If i could have a bet on it i would . But unfortunately bookmakers do not take negative bets .

I sincerly hope there is not any bother out in Portugal as 2300 passports have been collected of known hoolies , but as the saying go's watch this space .

all the best yis yp :D

Looking at the markets , trying to make my fortune lol. I have noticed the football market for the Euro 2004 tourny . Now the market for England to qualify out of the group is at 1.53 which converted to trad odds is 8/15 so for a £20 bet a total profit of £10.60 will be made .

If they are not kicked out of the tourny , it looks like a winner !

all the best yis yp :D

I have to admit we were a bit unlucky :lol::lol::lol::D

We snatched Defeat from the jaws of Victory. :D:D???

That Heskey what a tub of lard, brilliant defending... Here you are Mr. (Best Player and dead ball kicker in the world) Zidane only two minutes to go have a free shot at goal. ??????:lol:

Viva la France :lol::lol::lol:

Cumon Spain Ive 50 sovs riding on you :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Yes we should have listened to you Aled after you showed us your knowledge of the game after the Iceland match. :lol:

It was obvious to you experts that France would score twice in injury time. If only we had taken your advice and gone down the bookies. :lol:

It was obvious to you experts that France would score twice in injury time.

Ern you must be dissapointed... :lol:

However the game is 90 minutes plus stoppage time. :lol:

I played semi professional football for nearly 15 years and it is not an uncommon occurence to score in the dying seconds of the game..

Nor is it uncommon to score in the first minute and then be played off the park for the other 89.

Those guys are " Professionals " and should never have given those chances to the French in the last minutes or even the first minutes of the game. They were errors of judgement....

Still it is not the end of the world. We still have the Swiss and Croatians to get out of gaol.. :lol: