Sign

dazzababy

You will all have heard that there are serious moves afoot to introduce licensing or even a ban of airguns in Scotland. Airgunning as a sport in Scotland is in very real jeopardy.

With that in mind, I ask you all to write to your MP, and also to Gordon Brown and Jack Straw objecting to further restrictions on airguns. We need existing laws upheld fully before we start introducing new laws that will ruin the sport for thousands of law-abiding airgunnners. Also, if they get away with this in Scotland, there is a good chance it will happen across the UK, so we ALL need to fight this every way possible.

Here is a link to the petition:

No New Airgun Laws

If you could sign it I would be very grateful...

no gun law

lets face it the majority of airgunners are 'fly by's' , straight into a shop, buy a gun.tweek.....& shoot all that moves !! so its no wonder they get a bad name.

licencing maybe a good thing, with permits to obtain, with reason.......& may help with the humain culling of all smaller speicies by bona fide, genuine, experienced shooters, as with rim fire & c/fire

will save me burning otherwise good venison, duck & other meat.....as of late, the amount of animals with septic abssesses caused by pellets...yes ,deer !! can you beleive it !!

will stop !!

lets face it the majority of airgunners are 'fly by's' , straight into a shop, buy a gun.tweek.....& shoot all that moves !! so its no wonder they get a bad name.

licencing maybe a good thing, with permits to obtain, with reason.......& may help with the humain culling of all smaller speicies by bona fide, genuine, experienced shooters, as with rim fire & c/fire

will save me burning otherwise good venison, duck & other meat.....as of late, the amount of animals with septic abssesses caused by pellets...yes ,deer !! can you beleive it !!

will stop !!

I'm afraid I agree.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of airgunners that I've met are complete psychos. They've usually been refused an SGC on some grounds, so they get an air gun and start blatting at everything that moves, usually songbirds. **** 'em.

I would like to see them licensed, like shotgunners - get the ***kers disarmed. They give all shooting sports a bad name.

If they're genuine, they won't object to their sport being tidied up. Too many tossers.

I'm afraid that, rightly or wrongly, my mental picture of a stereotypical airgunner, is a spotty kid, who couldn't possibly get licensed for anything else, getting off on killing anything that moves. Sadsack ****wits. If they're serious, they can pay the same ******* license fee that I have to, to shoot at clay pigeons.

Guest The Outlaw

I'm afraid I agree.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of airgunners that I've met are complete psychos. They've usually been refused an SGC on some grounds, so they get an air gun and start blatting at everything that moves, usually songbirds. **** 'em.

I would like to see them licensed, like shotgunners - get the ***kers disarmed. They give all shooting sports a bad name.

If they're genuine, they won't object to their sport being tidied up. Too many tossers.

I'm afraid that, rightly or wrongly, my mental picture of a stereotypical airgunner, is a spotty kid, who couldn't possibly get licensed for anything else, getting off on killing anything that moves. Sadsack ****wits. If they're serious, they can pay the same ******* license fee that I have to, to shoot at clay pigeons.

:good:

At least the police can do something if they catch an unlicensed air gunner.

Restrict BB guns to under 16's unless under parental control.

Will cause hassle though, and we would have to renew our SGC's as soon as they are issued because of the extra red tape

needed for licensing airgunners being added to the FEO's workload.

Tony

Down the track to my local clay shooting club, there's an airgun club. On Sundays, when I drive to the shoot, I pass these balloons getting out of their cars, camo gear head to toe, sniper netting over their faces, scopes the size of a ******* dustbin on their pop guns. What planet are these ***kers on? There should be a resident psychiatrist. What do they do in those woods?

Tell me they're sane. I'll tell you you're ***king deluded. There's no wonder the antis are scoring points against us with fruitcakes like this on the loose :good:

I would like to see airguns licenced. I walked into a gunshop selling airguns I was looking round and these NEDs/Chavs walk in classic socks over trackies, they go to the shop owner I want that one in the window. Now I wonder what hey were gonna use it for!

Scary :good:

It's going on all the time up and down the country. I know there are genuine airgunners out there, but there's an army of loons hiding behind their respectability and painting a bad picture of all of us.

I'll never understand why anyone would want to be associated with these toys, but hey, we all have our cross to bear :big_boss:

The amount of police/fire brigade/kids etc that are shot with air weapons is ridiculous.

Doesn't matter if its licensed or not, idiots will still have them, but the sentances are bigger if when they are caught with something illegal <_<

:big_boss:

the sentances avalible need to be used, the idiots who shoot at people, pets etc. already know what they are doing is ilegal if airguns are licensed they won't hand them in or get a licence they don't care about the law. Another problem i see with licensing is that people are already waiting months for a variation can you imagine how long it would take if airguns had to be processed as well. Nobody is really sure how many airguns are in circulation in scotland alone there is estimated to be around 500,000, licensing these would be a very time consuming and expensive task and as it's not known where these guns are or who has them there for licensing would be ineffective. Judges will not impose maximum sentences just now so what makes people think that they will when some one is caught without a license. The last point i would like to make is if airguns are licensed far less people will take up shooting, most people will have started off shooting with an airgun and having to get a license will put a lot off people taking it up.

Down the track to my local clay shooting club, there's an airgun club. On Sundays, when I drive to the shoot, I pass these balloons getting out of their cars, camo gear head to toe, sniper netting over their faces, scopes the size of a ******* dustbin on their pop guns. What planet are these ***kers on? There should be a resident psychiatrist. What do they do in those woods?

Tell me they're sane. I'll tell you you're ***king deluded. There's no wonder the antis are scoring points against us with fruitcakes like this on the loose :good:

A lot of people at my club have camo on, why, because it's comfortable to shoot in and it's practical, but some people do seem to go a bit ott

ss12

Can't say that I see much point in wearing 'camo at a shooting club - but if thats the gear they want to get mucky instead of other clothes then so be it. It is however a very good thing to get within clean killing range of quarry, so it's almost essential that a persons face is covered at close range.

As for the massive 'scopes - larger ones offer very accurate close rangefinding merits to the competitor firing a more loopy trajectory than most 'real guns that most on here would use.

Can't say that I see much point in wearing 'camo at a shooting club - but if thats the gear they want to get mucky instead of other clothes then so be it. It is however a very good thing to get within clean killing range of quarry, so it's almost essential that a persons face is covered at close range.

As for the massive 'scopes - larger ones offer very accurate close rangefinding merits to the competitor firing a more loopy trajectory than most 'real guns that most on here would use.

Serious airgunners out shooting live quarry I can understand. :big_boss:

These barmpots are playing soldiers, you can just tell by looking at them. Grown men :good:

As far as I know, they're shooting paper targets in there. <_<

there both good and bad point to the licence i agree that something must be done about the idiots that give us a bad name i only ever have shot air rifles don't care much for the real thing as the area i live in is not great and i wouldn't want some **** wit to break in to my house thinking he can get his hands on my gun just to be mauled by my 2 staffys i wear camo when i go out shooting gloves and face mask but u need to cover your hands and face at close range

i think its also up to the seller who he sells a fire arm 2 i know he has to make a living but i was getting a lamp the other week and this little 50cc pedal and pop pulled up and a kid got off went in 2 the shop cos his pellet was stuck and he didn't know what to do with it i think there should be a course or something if not a license ran by the police to show that you are competent to have the weapon which to be fair will still kill some one if u hit them right

Guest The Outlaw

I just had a look at my Fienwarkenthingwotsit and it looks to have a serial number on it.

Do other makes have an indiviual numbering system?

If so then all the legal Airgunners could volanterilly give these to the police to put on the central police data base.

This would then be a way to start tracking the legal guns at least.

Tony

I just had a look at my Fienwarkenthingwotsit and it looks to have a serial number on it.

Do other makes have an indiviual numbering system?

If so then all the legal Airgunners could volanterilly give these to the police to put on the central police data base.

This would then be a way to start tracking the legal guns at least.

Tony

Not all rifles have serial numbers but most do. The problem is that the idiots won't tell the police the serial number only law abiding airgunners will as a result the police will only know where the responsible owners are and the responsible owners will suffer from any new legislation, the numpties will be uneffected, for example if a ban was introduced the police would only know who the responsible airgunners are and they would suffer but the idiot who never declared the serial number of his gun will be uneffected as no one knows he has it.

I hope you understand the point I am trying to make. :huh:

ss12

Guest The Outlaw

Totally agree with you so give everyone a year to declare thier air weapons then anyone caught in the possesion of or using

and undeclared one could be prosecuted.

There must have been e pre licensing of shot guns so the same format could apply to airweapons to regulate them.

In all we all agree that the idiots need to be quashed so this is the fairest way imho.

Treat all weapons as killing machines and license them all.

Tony

I agree about the idiots needing to be stopped but i don't think licensing is the way to go, not yet. I think before we have to resort to licensing the courts should try imposing the maximum sentances avalible to them if they gave everyone who commited a crime the 5 year minimum sentance the amount of offences taking place would (in my opinion) drop dramaticaly. I don't belive that licensing is the fairest way to solve the problem, for example there's an old man in my street who's in his late 70's who most days sit's plinking in his garden with an old air pistol, I could not see him A: being given a license to shoot tin cans in his garden and B: being able to afford a license anyway. I think the way to reduce crime is tougher sentances, not more restricting laws. while on the subject of licensing things why aren't things such as golf clubs and baseball bats licensed as I'am sure more people are killed or indjured by these every year than by airguns ?

ss12

I've only ever shot and owned airguns, but I think they should at least register, if not licence them. The times I cringe when I hear of a ***** on the news giving us serious airgunners a bad name. Maybe if we've got to go to the trouble of licencing, we may as well shoot rimfire or centrefire rifles

yeh i think they should regester them .. but was there not a guy in the town (cant remember what town) who set a fire and tryed to shoot the firemen ..... i think muppits should have there firing finger removed (i agree with dustyfox :huh::lol: ) just stupid and is giving actual airgunners a bad name

GM

Any chance we could just up hold a few of the exsisting laws and prosecute the people that commit the crimes now, instead of another waste of millions spent on drafts, green papers, white papers, through the commons, then the Lords, then back to the commons and finally royal accent to create a new set of laws...All of which will be ignored by the chav-scum-crimms, any way.