MODS VERSUS ROCKERS.

berettaman1

What kicked off my dispute yesterday was the following-In private sales, Mel B3 advertised an old glass bottle-free to good home, it was sent to 8shot,who responded with a thanks, and said it had got there safely, Mel B3 replied ending with_ "Personally I would have gone out and actually bought my wife a Xmas present!!" I posted under that_"Looks like he allready has,!" Which I thought was a humorous thread!! ...........Imagine my surprise when coming back on to PW later to a nasty PM from Henry D, stating I should read the rules of the forum, and I had been warned before, and I would be banned if I did it again I pm Henry back twice "politely " because I did not realise what I had done wrong! anyway, that sorted I was ***** off later to find Cranfield had dragged a posting I had made on "Global warning" on to the "Immigration thread," and he had done it to make my thread look like I had made a silly reply to DFB.s....contribution.......I had fell out with Cranfield a couple of weeks ago and he had told me" never to PM him" again!....that was OK by me and since then I have been carefull not to respond directly to any of his posts on the forums on PW............ So I felt Agrieved that he seemed to be using our fallout previously ,as an excuse to make me look stupid, by using his power as a mod to alter the thead I had posted.! I still feel that . I would be obliged if Cranfield does not do that kind of thing again, as I dont like his attitude.Or him, Thank You. :):lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, here they go , the predictable schoolboy response supporting the teacher!! please sir look at us ,...were good lads, punish that naughty B,man1..........Theres lots of stuff posted on PW what I thinks, ***te but I dont slag them off about it When I see who has posted I just dont read their stuff, God knows the regulars on PW who post the most boring drivel. If members dont like my contributions then dont read them! MERRY XMAS. :):lol:

Deja vie anyone? It's like ******* ground hog day this.

Yet another thread about how you have been "wronged" on the forum by a member or a moderator.

Where's the smiley for a massive yawn?

P.S.

Posts at 3.38 a.m. tend to illicit the responses you are getting....

So I felt Agrieved that he seemed to be using our fallout previously ,as an excuse to make me look stupid, by using his power as a mod to alter the thead I had posted.! I still feel that . I would be obliged if Cranfield does not do that kind of thing again, as I dont like his attitude.Or him, Thank You. :):lol:

BM1, just to keep it factual, any member can quote from previous post, there was nothing to do with Cranfield being a mod.

I agree with berettaman1 on this one due to similar run ins with mods which I wasn't entirely pleased about, hope I dont get another b********* from them for saying that!

This site is not just to discuss pigeon related matters, its here for all kinds of advice, support, meet new people etc, its good that members can make us laugh every now and then, but the mods seem to be putting a stop to that.

Ahh, here they go , the predictable schoolboy response supporting the teacher!!

Unfortunately what is also predictable is the responses from lifes victims who will now tell us how they were wronged by a member or mod :)

How is it that many thousands of members can post away quite happily without falling foul of other members or the moderating team?

Just think about that one for a little while . . .

That was my last post in this thread - Merry Christmas :lol:

I agree with berettaman1 on this one due to similar run ins with mods which I wasn't entirely pleased about, hope I dont get another b********* from them for saying that!

This site is not just to discuss pigeon related matters, its here for all kinds of advice, support, meet new people etc, its good that members can make us laugh every now and then, but the mods seem to be putting a stop to that.

I have to put a comment with this and say that a few times I have felt the same, naming no names but the replies have sometimes been a little sarcastic and seem to be contrived to belittle or cause ill feeling.

There was a post from a mod very recently which was downright confrontational and added nothing whatsoever to the topic being discussed, this begs the question do we feel comfortable in posting questions that may sound silly to someone who has had years of experience or do we feel slightly apprehensive because someone might reply in a way that makes us feel stupid.

I will admit to recently posting and doubting whether it was a genuine subject, I had jumped on the "Troll" bandwagon which is all too easy to do as there are a few about.

Since joining the forum I have had many pleasant exchanges of info and have learnt one or two things especially concerning Rifle shooting for which I am gratefull since it stopped me from making several expensive mistakes in buying the wrong kit.

The Forum is here to be enjoyed by all, newcomers and old hands alike, we should remember that we all started somewhere and perhaps if we treat it more like a club where we actively try to help each other, as many already do, then hopefully these incidents will become fewer and fewer. Lets see what we can do in 2008 :lol:

I wish you all a very happy Christmas and hope Santa :) is kind to you :o

:lol: D2D

Guest The Outlaw

:)

Totally agree there D2D, I asked a simple question yesturday on the field baiting thread and got a cack reply from a mod

taking a tea break and having his say as a member.

If you genuinly dont know this is the place to ask isnt it?

Tony

Lets get a few things straight amongst the points that have been made on this thread.

There is no personal vendetta between me (or any other Moderators) and any members on here, but its just the same old faces totting up the warnings.

So it will be the same old faces always in conflict with the Forum.

We are here to administer the Rules, maintain some order and participate in the Forum the same way that other members do.

If a Moderator, or a member, has strong views on a subject they might respond in a curt manner, as long as no personal insults, or other behaviour contrary to the Rules is involved, thats OK.

There is usually a balance shown in the comments made in threads (as there was in the field feeding thread), that demonstrates all points of view.

Its difficult for long term members not to sigh deeply when the same old questions come up, but they have been advised to ignore them, rather than groan out loud and leave it for someone else to respond.

No question is considered too "silly" to put on the Forum, everyone has to learn and this is a good place to do it.

Guest The Outlaw

I agree Mr C, but I thought HenryD's reply to an inoccent question was a bit harsh/OTT so have others.

A balance is a difficult thing to tune, a simple yes or no would have been better IMHO.

Tony

Lets get a few things straight amongst the points that have been made on this thread.

There is no personal vendetta between me (or any other Moderators) and any members on here, but its just the same old faces totting up the warnings.

So it will be the same old faces always in conflict with the Forum.

We are here to administer the Rules, maintain some order and participate in the Forum the same way that other members do.

If a Moderator, or a member, has strong views on a subject they might respond in a curt manner, as long as no personal insults, or other behaviour contrary to the Rules is involved, thats OK.

There is usually a balance shown in the comments made in threads (as there was in the field feeding thread), that demonstrates all points of view.

Its difficult for long term members not to sigh deeply when the same old questions come up, but they have been advised to ignore them, rather than groan out loud and leave it for someone else to respond.

No question is considered too "silly" to put on the Forum, everyone has to learn and this is a good place to do it.

I would just like to add, so that there can be no misunderstanding, my refererence to some replies being a little sarcastic was a general one and not aimed at anyone in particular, on the whole everyone is very friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful which IMO is how it should be, then just now and again a posting is made that perhaps is inappropriate and is not within the spirit of OUR forum.

As I said perhaps with a new year starting we may welcome even more newcomers to shooting and they will be made to feel that they can freely share and benefit from our combined wealth of experience?

:) D2D

Good man D2D :)

Happy Christmas to you to mate.

Out with the old and in with the new for 2008.

Tony

Hey Antony,!!! I am OLD!!are you getting rid of me now as well :D Hey, Hey,? no all joking aside I WISH ALL PW MEMBERS A HAPPY XMAS!........EVEN THE M ,,,,M,,, MO,,,,MO,,,MODERATORS!!. ( WELL NOT ALL OF THEM!!) :lol::lol: :o

Ahh, here they go , the predictable schoolboy response supporting the teacher!! please sir look at us ,...were good lads, punish that naughty B,man1..........Theres lots of stuff posted on PW what I thinks, ***te but I dont slag them off about it When I see who has posted I just dont read their stuff, God knows the regulars on PW who post the most boring drivel. If members dont like my contributions then dont read them! MERRY XMAS. :):lol:

I don't generally, as you're continously whinging about some rubbish or other.

Guest The Outlaw
Good man D2D :)

Happy Christmas to you to mate.

Out with the old and in with the new for 2008.

Tony

Hey Antony,!!! I am OLD!!are you getting rid of me now as well :huh: Hey, Hey,? no all joking aside I WISH ALL PW MEMBERS A HAPPY XMAS!........EVEN THE M ,,,,M,,, MO,,,,MO,,,MODERATORS!!. ( WELL NOT ALL OF THEM!!) :lol::lol: :o

I could be tempted if you use the A name again :D:)

In my little world you brighten things up a bit.

Roll on the 17th Feb and we can have a real laugh.

Tony

im fairly new to the forums, ive had a ####ing about posting something about mohammed the teddybear , and had it removed, fair enough! on the whole im not taking sides i enjoy this forum, firstly on a forum everyone is always going to have their own point of view so there will always be a conflict of interests from time to time,i imagine being a moderator could be difficult because as well as having an opinion they will also have to police what people are posting, but for people using the forum i think it would be e great idea to have a "disputes thread" this could be for everyone to see so it is fair and also is only open between the moderator and person in question, this would stop all of this bad air , definatly something to consider :)

I don't generally, as you're continously whinging about some rubbish or other.

Yes Ok John Wayne, (NOT) I dont bore people over and over again about creeping round fields night after night ,trying to shoot Charlie and keep a log telling how many types of vermin I have dispatched, and post photos of said victims Which is just to bolster your own sence of importance!! JEEZE, GET A LIFE MAN, Go to places where they have electricity and people to meet!! GOD you seem a very sad man!!.