Closed license

Fleabag

Can a closed license holder shoot on land that is not passed for him, but was passed for me when I was closed, I;E if I invite someone to help me with vermin control on my permissions does the other person have to give his Fao permission letters. :good: and if its a different constabulary what then :D

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/news-and-p...pdf?view=Binary

taken from that

A person wishing to shoot over land

should nominate in their application a specific

area of land over which they intend to or

have permission to shoot (this does not

restrict their ability to shoot elsewhere where

permission is also given), and provide written

authority, where possible, from the person

entitled to grant the shooting rights

It should not be difficult for the

certificate holder whose certificate is to be

conditioned to allow shooting only on land

approved by the chief officer of police, and

with whom the responsibility lies, to establish

whether an area of land has been approved

for their type and calibre of firearm without

consulting the local police.In most cases it is

likely that the landowner, tenant or agent will

be able to provide confirmation.

hang on one second,

has your friend got a fully closed licence or a semi open one the more common one these days, does it name his land and only there or say Land deemed suitable by the chief of police? If it is the latter then he is fine if not then he will need to get it added to his ticket

I have the same problem. Everywhere i seem to go has not been surveyed for my .22 & .17hmr so i have to go through the 6-8 week survey process (Northumbria). If it states " land that is deemed suitable by the chief of police" or words to that affect it mean s if it has already been checked for your calibre of rifle you are ok to shoot there as long as the land owner has given you permission. I dont think it has to be written although that will help, but dont get caught on there if he doesnt know your there or it will get difficult. All i can say is roll on the open licence!!!!!!!!! :good: ps land isnt closed to certain people. once it has been surveyed once then that is it. It gets recorded and then anyone in the future can go on as long as it is the stated calibre

Can a closed license holder shoot on land that is not passed for him, but was passed for me when I was closed, I;E if I invite someone to help me with vermin control on my permissions does the other person have to give his Fao permission letters. :good: and if its a different constabulary what then :lol:

I had one of the early forms of license where the land was actually stated but where staffs is concerned that is a thing of the past now and the words deemed suitable by the Chief of Police are written only .I think it's the same for other authorities now .

If my land is passed for .223 and I invite my buddy on to use his .17 hmr so long as it's OK with the person who has the rights to grant shooting permission then it's OK .

If your friend is questioned by the Police whilst out on the land they do insist on permission being in writing ........That's what my FLO (Staffordshire)say's.Don't shoot the messenger .

Hope this helps .Other than that you can't beat getting the required info from the horse's mouth has I'm quoting Staffs guidelines and your in Cornwall

when i got my .243 granted the flo came and looked at one farm i have permission on. he seemed happy enough with it he didnt want to see another farm and took my word for it being similar topography. i had no permission letters and he specifically said he didnt want me to contact the dept if i was going to shoot on other land that had been passed for same calliber or above. pretty sensible guy who seemed to be a help in getting sorted rather than an obstacle like other flos ive had to deal with.

pete