Browning B425

fishybarney

Guest The Outlaw

I'm with Martin on this one, I have a 32" 425 and love it, I also have a 28" 325 and have had a fewother Brownings, nice to hear your gunshop recommended a gun to your body type and not your wallet.

Who were they?

A good recomendation on that sales pitch alone imho.

Tony

nice to hear your gunshop recommended a gun to your body type and not your wallet.

Who were they?

Tony

It was the oxford gun company, have to say they've been brilliant, was a bit concerned that being new to the sport i might be looked on a bit distainfully. But they made me feel very welcome and put me at ease, would recommend to anyone.

Bought my first proper gun (ie more than £50) at the Oxford Gun Co about 10 / 12 years ago. Knew nothing and left myself in Doug's capable hands and spent £695 on a 2nd hand B325 32". I'd told them I could go to £1500 max so they didn't stiff me then either. :lol:

Met Doug for the first time since then last Sunday at Sywell, still shooting the same gun and loving it. :lol:

Oxford Gun Company are simply brilliant. I was bowled over by the time they spent with me helping me pick out the best gun for my shape. Like you the Browning and Mirokus suited my shape best, but the balance and handling of the Browning just felt more me. I ended up buying a Browning 525 30" M/C and think it is brilliant. I have shot a few guns over the years and never realised the importance of gun fit, but on only the 3rd outing with my 525, I find myself hitting clays by just looking where I want to shoot and pulling the trigger.

Enjoy it and post a pic!

Guest The Outlaw
nice to hear your gunshop recommended a gun to your body type and not your wallet.

Who were they?

Tony

It was the oxford gun company, have to say they've been brilliant, was a bit concerned that being new to the sport i might be looked on a bit distainfully. But they made me feel very welcome and put me at ease, would recommend to anyone.

Ah hah another Shirley victim, I am of Jerico farm beatings and so is AdamC and a good few others on here.

I always recommend them for Guns.

Did Shirley get you to hold it properly?

Did she clip you one when you didnt do it right?

Great people over there, I was shooting with Doug and his son David at the weekend.

I laid all the paths and tracks over there years ago, nice place to work.

Tony

Ah hah another Shirley victim, I am of Jerico farm beatings and so is AdamC and a good few others on here.

I always recommend them for Guns.

Did Shirley get you to hold it properly?

Did she clip you one when you didnt do it right?

Great people over there, I was shooting with Doug and his son David at the weekend.

I laid all the paths and tracks over there years ago, nice place to work.

Tony

Yeah i got help from Doug first who showed me how to stand correctly, then the next time i went in Shirley she asked if i been shown how to hold a gun properly, i told i sort of had then when i went to hold it i got a royal b*ll*cking for doing it wrong, lol.

But their help is invaluble and i know when i leave, the gun i'll have will be the best for me in my budget.

I've also had a lesson off Steve their and that was such a help. Hopefully one more lesson and should be able to venture out on my own without making a **** of myself.

Edited by fishybarney

I've been to my local gun shop and they say my body shape suits a browning shotgun, they have a B425 28" grade M/C in stock in my price range which i've provisionally ordered. Just wondered if anybody has got any experience with them and if so what are they like.

Cheers Greg

Classic salesman trick...... Don't be duped by that one.

A multi millionaire follows in behind you, they show him a 60 grand Purdey and say

'That fits your shape perfect sir'

:rolleyes:<_<:lol:

Sorry starlight, but whilst this may be a classic salesman trick, they would not pull it down at Oxford Guns. I wanted to buy a more expensive Berreta, but they talked me out of it and would not sell me it, as it did not fit my shape.

The key in life is doing business and working with people you trust. Even if it costs you a little more, trusting the person you are doing business with is invaluable.

Enjoy your new purchase fishybarney, I am confident you will not have been missold a gun there.

Sorry starlight, but whilst this may be a classic salesman trick, they would not pull it down at Oxford Guns. I wanted to buy a more expensive Berreta, but they talked me out of it and would not sell me it, as it did not fit my shape.

The key in life is doing business and working with people you trust. Even if it costs you a little more, trusting the person you are doing business with is invaluable.

Enjoy your new purchase fishybarney, I am confident you will not have been missold a gun there.

I agree with you AdamC, they've been nothing but helpful in their, first time i went in was only to ask a few questions about getting into shooting and they spent about 30mins helping me out.

Also the lesson i had with steve was with me using one of their Browning 325 and that seemed to fit very comfortably. So i would think the 425 would be fairly similar, and in the shop it just felt right.

I've been to my local gun shop and they say my body shape suits a browning shotgun, they have a B425 28" grade M/C in stock in my price range which i've provisionally ordered. Just wondered if anybody has got any experience with them and if so what are they like.

Cheers Greg

The B425 is an excellent gun but in my opinion the B525 is even better.

Sorry statlight, did not mean to jump down your throat. Salesman did not get their rep without reason. I am moving house at the moment and dealing with estate agents, so dont I just know that!

Fishybarney you are not a million miles from me if you fancy meeting up a for a shoot. I am pretty new to it still, so easily beaten!

Guest The Outlaw

You are both welcome to come and see us lot at Drayton Parslow SG just the other side of Aylesbury.

Have a look at Pirates Profile for ground and fixture info, or come over on the 17th Feb for the Bucks & Doe's V Essex Mafia and put some PW faces to names.

Starlight I have seen salesmen with the attitude you mention but as the others have said Oxford Gun Co folk love the sport first and enjoy the profits later, good good people at the Oxford Gun Co.

Tony