car insurance reccomendation please

mikky

yes, loads of people do it and it costs insurance firms absolutely loads - so insurance firms are cracking down on it. Whos to know? When it comes to claim time, (and if its a big claim) they may well want to investigate it. If they suspect fraud, they may well ask the neighbours "who drives the car the most?" and we all know how insurance firms love to avoid paying out.....

Only way to get a child insured? balls. My first full time job paid £150 a week. and I paid £50 a week to insure my car (a 1.0 Mk3 Fiesta.) Cant afford £50 a week? get the bloody bus then, I'd like to drive a ferrari but I wont commit fraud and leave myself open to prosecution in order to do so.

Unlikely to happen? maybe. worth the risk? up to you.

:w00t:

dunno what it s like around where you live ,but if someone in a suit came asking questions at a neighbours near where i live ,they ll tell them to get a lif3 and stop snooping,we look after each other ,and very rare any one will say anything incriminating about a neighbour , may be a welsh thing . :w00t:

I'm through SwiftCover, found them the cheapest by far. You do it all on the Internet, your own little webpage, print your own Doc's off, etc. Me & our Lass on the same policy, & she's still learning, fully comp, with a load of extra's £200 & odd quid, recommended by Confused.com aswell. VW Polo 1.9 Diesel, well chuffed.

Don't know what they be like with your daughter, but it's worth a bell.

BJ.

www.moneysavingexpert.com

Get on there and click on car insurance, Do the four big searches and I bet you find it a lot cheaper. Its a good site for money saving tips.

Another vote for that, my mate at work had to get quotes after his Saab was a total write off in the floods last week, and it was well cheaper than he was paying previously for a same group replacement. He suffered a barrage of phone calls though!

i would rate adrian flux, they insure my truck a quad for a good price.

give swift cover a wide berth!! they are cheap for a reason. my girlfriend got a ccj because they never done there job. 18months ar*e ache. court etc.

they had to pay in full and damages in the end!

sadly insurance is expensive. my first car cost me 900 a year my second cost me £1800 3.5 V6 trooper :yes: :blink: 19th bday present to my self! and that was in my dads name.

you probably know, but best way is to register the car in your name. tpft, limited milage and has her as a named driver some will let her build hher own on claims.

I used confused.com and moneysupermarket.com to search for insurance as a provisional holder: THe best quotes were from Quinn direct who specalise in young and mature drivers; you get free breakdown cover with them too.

It would cost £436 fully comp to insure it in my dads name with me as a named driver (not fraud if he occasionally drives it.)

To insure in my own name with Dad on as a named driver it would be £710 third party fire and theft. Though I think I'm going for the former as I cannot afford a car of my own at the moment. Even if I don't drive constantly for the next 2 years or so; having a full license would make life rather less inconvienent.

mr_colt.