what gun

get the best you possibly can for the budget. Buy from a dealer and get some cover, buy private and get burnt. :oops:

LB

hiLB, Try York Guns, Zabala , they spanish make, they make, o/u ,s/t .for example, i got o/u. s t 3mgm/ 5 chokes game scene engraved £350, that was 2 years ago, bargain. it does me plenty ;) good hunting Digga :lol:

what lurcher said, a browning or a beretta and you cant go wrong, but i'd advise not to get a Semi Auto.

depends on what type of shooting you will do mostly to whether you get a Over/Under or a Side by Side.

Aled

hi aled, who buys ya ammo :lol:

The old rule of "try before you buy" applies. Once you have your certificate, don't be too eager to rush out and get a gun, but try shooting with different types and makes.

Personally, I prefer the look and feel of English side-by-sides, whilst others may prefer o/u's, or semi-autos. It's all a matter of personal prefrence.

If a private seller is genuine, they would usually be happy to go to a gun dealers with you so the gun can be checked out before you buy.

However, as lurcherboy says, if you don't, you've really got to know what you need to look for.

You can get a very good Remington s/a for 500 (11-87 or 1100), great s/a very pointable have shot 128 rooks in one go with my one. But have a good look at the gun before you get it Remington wise as the older ones can be as ruff as guts,People tend not to look after them

crow :lol:

S/a’ are great no problem my fist gun was one and I don’t see the problem with having 3 shots, some people underrate them and think they are a lesser gun then s/s or o/u but they are not, if you use a good 1 for a while you will find them 2 be just as good, they don’t often go wrong if the are cleaned after use like any gun, and on the off chance that they do they are easy to fix.

Mate try a s/a (Remington 11-87 or 1100 highly recommended)

Crow :lol:;)

digga, i pay for all of my ammo, i buy in batches of either a 1000 or 250.

get parents to buy though as i am not of age.

Aled

nice one Aled,one of my sons is 15 he wants a s/gun cert . did you get one ok? with not to much hassle off plod ;) he shoots now, just wanna make it proper legal :lol: regards Digga

i havn't got my own cert atm.. next year when dad has to renew i will send mine in aswell.. all of my guns are under his cert.

our local firearm's officer is a friend of the family so it will be ok.

Aled

Don't mean to sound too harsh here but there's a few things I feel I need to clear up. Aled, firstly just because your firearms officer is a mate doesn't mean he can pass you just like that since it will be his job on the line. Also, after reading your numerous posts it seems apparent that you enjoy going off on your own with a gun to shoot. That's not to start on your previously mentioned obsession with Badgers.

Im also 15 so when the firearm person came round to check the gun cabinet at the new house i thought it would be a good time to ask about getting my own certificate. At 15 he said that u still can not go out on your own with a shotgun even on your own land. the only advantage seems to be that the adult you go with doesnt have to have a certificate.

personaly why not get a baikel o/u as they last for ever and for £500 you will have enough money to buy 1000 cartridges they are very good and easy to clean which makes it a good first gun to start from and work your way up to something bigger/expensive

pete

Dieseldave: You have misunderstood what you were told. What they mean is that WITHOUT a certificate you cannot go out on your own with a shotgun.

If you have a certificate of your own and are 15 or over, you can legally go out and shoot a shotgun on your own land or land you have permission to shoot over without having to be accompanied by anyone.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect. You can check it up in the Firearms Acts if you wish.

(see below under "posess an assembled shotgun)

http://www.cleveland.police.uk/crime_preve...ung_persons.htm

from what you have posted aled i would not trust you with a spud gun im only 15 myself and dont take it personally but i cannot see how you can give others advice and tell them what to do when you are so young yourself. i have recently sent off for my shotgun license and my mum and dad have no problem me going out on my own with a shotgun. but i have decide only to go out with my dad as in my view it is safer also you state that you own a rifle if that is on your dads cert as far as i can make out you are breaking the law if you shoot it even under your dads supervision :) well now ive had my say i feel better :) dont know wether it makes sense though

also id pay more attention in school especially when discussing imperial measurments

In that case, your policeman was probably a stand-in cover whilst the firearms officer was away, or possibly just a junior officer. Any firearms officer would not make such a simple mistake.

There is no need to make sure, but if you do so, ask for the firearms officer and NOT the clerk!