new navara engine blows

CARBINE

Hi all,I own a Navara out law which I bought in may last year new since then I have had paint problems which

they gave me £500 back,engine smoking faults,plastic facia faults and electrical faults and now coming back

from Newcastle on monday the oil light came on luckily just before a lay by so we pulled in and checked the

oil which was full so rang the nissan garage where I bought it and they said it was an electrical fault and it

would be alright to drive so we were 200 miles from home and set off, it got us home but the next day taking

back to nissan the engine ran dry of oil because the oil pump packed up and wrecked it. now it was full of oil,

only8,000 miles and still under warranty but they said today they need my permission to strip it and then when

they find out what went wrong and report back to Nissan, well I think I smell a rat here because I know that

because my company bought it I don`t have the same rights as a private person. I think I will be going back

to a Mitsubushi L200 next. Any legal views would be most welcome. :good:

just one thing, if the oil pump packed up that would account for the oil light coming on due to lack of pressure but the sump should still have been full of oil.

Even if the company owns it if its a fault they know about they should sort it out. I was in a renault laguna when the turbo oil seal went and sent the engine into self destruct. Despite being on 90K and out of warranty and company owned they fitted a new engine

yer your right it seems there was some pressure drop which made the light come on and it got us home but the next

day the pump packed in so it is if it slowly packed up and not immediate and on the way home the light did go off and

on but the day after the light stayed on and bang?

Speaking from personal experiance, Nissan are useless and pretty much bent when it comes to customer service mate, and Navaras are not all they're cracked up to be :good:

I had one from new and last may it suffered con-rod failure at 40k miles :lol: = dead truck basically.

They asked my permission to strip it all aswell before saying that it wasnt covered by the warranty etc etc.

See this thread:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...nt+buy+a+nissan

In my opinion, if you look up the word nissan or navara, next to them you should see:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no :good:

These thing are notoriuse, I know several folk who have had the con rod go. Cant wait to get shot of mine next year, the build quality and paint work is very poor and it literally disintergrating. Couple this with a turning circle of a cruise liner!

Ill be chopping it in for the new discovery comercial next year.

I wouldnt own a nissan again had a few bad experiences with them not with pickups but still put me off them. In my honest opinion if you want a pick up your best bet is a good Toyota Hilux ive got a 1980's diesel 4 speed hilux i use for work. And when the day comes something happens to it il be replacing it with another hilux maybe a petrol one this time though. :good:

As LB says you have a very good case, let them strip it and if they come back with anything other than a replacement engine at their expense then you will need to fight them.

Explain that it is their fault entirely for encouraging you to drive the engine home with no oil pressure and that under no circumstances should a pump have failed within 12 months. In my limited opinion it should be a simple warranty claim for them with the slight problem that you've taken advice over the phone from them that you cannot proove if they dispute it. However If you had to go down the small claims route to retrieve the money from them I cannot see any chance you wouldn't get your money back. If you have to go down this route pm me and I'll dig up some info from a friend who fought peugeot for an incorrectly fitted cam belt that failed prematurely that got to court. With preparation the judge was disgusted with their actions including lots of intimidation before the court case and awarded him everything she possibly could

get rid of the nissan, had one with my last job, always letting me down,replaced it with a ford ranger brillant work horse and you get alot of kit for your money,well worth it, and the toyota hilux best pick up you can buy, i have three mates who have them and they won,t have nothing else, scorhcy

Thanks to you all for your advice and concern I will keep you posted on this one.my work mate went down to nissan to get some of my stuff out of

the truck and he saw the Engine on the floor and the and one of the guys there Said the turbo burned to bits there where bearings in the sump the

main bearings where burned out as well and the plus the oil pump was knackered and they still don`t know what caused it `DER` the oil pump might

be a clue, Im still smelling a rat here. It had only done 8,000 and its first service was due at 18,000. :lol:

just to keep you posted I have now gone legal on the advice of the legal Dept at the FSB and they said

I have a very good case Against Nissan UK to replace with a NEW truck so I rang nissan UK and told them

of my intention to pursue them for a new one, they where alright about it and when I told them about the

faults when I first bought it they did not even know about them yet I was paid £500 for the paint problems

from the dealer.when I was talking to the garage today this guy told me they still have not found the cause

of it so I mention to him about the lad working on it `said the oil pump is knackered` he said it has only

a couple of scores in it,well thats all it takes, then he went into mumbling mode as they do.Any way the ball

is rolling now legally so we will see what happens. Will keep you`s posted.carbine

yer I`v been on to T/S and believe me or not they said because my company bought it I DO NOT have the

same rights as a private buyer but they do have a duty of care to me `what the hell is all that about` but

the solicitors say no problem in getting a new truck out off them so I guess it will be a long waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Im not gonna get a new truck out of the dealers now due to the lawyers saying that because

the truck is 8 months old and has 8k on it that a judge would most likely side with them and it would be risky

and I could end up paying all the fees, so I will have to submit and have it back. The good thing is it is having

a full new engine and also they have agreed to respray the front bumper where that woman scuffed me as a

good will gesture so as soon as I get it back ITS FOR SALE.---carbine <_<

Nows there`s a point, thanks for that. :good: I went yesterday to see if I could pick it up but

they are still road testing it and they had the bumper sprayed and it looks good too.I will be getting

back tomorrow and by have I missed it .

Edited by CARBINE