this man should not be in jail

markbivvy

depends which story you read, he was in a van so three seats max and chased the guy down the road and ran him over in bushes, Now to me if he had a child or two with him what was he doing chasing someone and crashing his van into him putting his kids at risk. This story says a bit more

http://www.stv.tv/content/news/headlines/d..._shoul_20080212

One man's "ran off and hid in bushes" is another man's "tactically withdrew to re-arm and then ambush, the victim's car".

If in doubt, take him out.

No it says he 'lost control' (your honour) not ran him over on purpose, clearly a very unlucky (for the scum) accident and he should be freed at once along with the shop keeper who managed to kill an armed robber with the robbers own knife, does anyone know if he's been let off yet?

This one's a bit like those trick sweets the kids buy. Starts off good and the ending looks promising then it all goes sour on you. ALX4 is right in what he is saying as to why the guy was sentenced. You just cannot pursue someone in this country with a car, run them down and get off with it. No matter how sweet it would appear to have been.

Imagine it this way, your 13 year old son - for whatever reason - has been giving someone on the estate lip like nobody's business for a week or two. The person gets really annoyed and one day, when your son starts again the guy goes for him, your son manages to turn and run away but the guy gets into his car and runs your kid down unintentionally, whilst trying to cut in front of him. What would you expect to happen in that scenario? I'll bet you would want the whole book thrown at the driver and a few moments alone with him as well.

It is what is seen to be justifiable in law - that counts - regardlesss of what the average guy in the street thinks. Those laws are there as much to protect us as to prosecute us.

I think the guy had been placed under incredible provocation by the challenges put to him by these neds but surely, he could have got them one at a time up a dark close with no witnesses and sorted them out - or got a few mates to do the same for him?

Where were the Police in all this? I don't recall seeing anything about reporting it to the Police - maybe they did ;)

At the end of the day, we can all say what we think the sentence should or should not have been - but the law is the law and can only be challenged by other aspects of the law or through parliament itself bringing in a new act. Keep that in mind when next you go to the polls. If the party you voted for either got in or were in opposition - what did they do about the lawlessness of some of Britain's inhabitants?

It normally comes down to the argument of numbers of bobby's on the beat and how well they know their own patch and the crooks on it - how can they know them when they are being asked to do so much paperwork for the least wee thing?

Ranting mode now off! :blink:

Pushkin :P

I think the guy had been placed under incredible provocation by the challenges put to him by these neds but surely, he could have got them one at a time up a dark close with no witnesses and sorted them out - or got a few mates to do the same for him?

this is a bit like saying , i dont mind whats going on as long as i dont see it.

the man involved had suffered harassment for months of these scum bags and had no help from the old bill.

there is a limit to what every person can and should take.

Mark, I'm not saying that (and I'm not looking to fall out about it) :blink: - I'm thinking of alternative ways of social realigning of miscreants so they do not cause any further problems in their social environment. Hence no need to get into situations whereby someone who doesn't really deserve the harrasment he endured - ends up in jail for losing the rag and deciding to chase them in his van. I have no doubt in my mind the guy did not intend to run the bloke over - but then again maybe he had had enough of the BS these folks were sending his way. By doing it his way he has ended up inside, my way perhaps not? Regardless, either way is illegal and constitutes taking the law into your own hands: we don't do that in this country - we have the Police to do that.

Mark, what you are saying if you think about it for a moment, is that it is okay for the guy to run the bloke down - but not take him up a close and give him a good hiding?

What about an answer to the scenario I gave about it being a son that was hit by a van ;)

Pushkin

Mark, what you are saying if you think about it for a moment, is that it is okay for the guy to run the bloke down - but not take him up a close and give him a good hiding?

no mate, what i am saying is there was a good reason he did what he did, and this should have been reflected in the sentence. suspended sentence perhaps.

personaly i think he was a fool to get caught,and thats the only thing in my opinon he did wrong.

i said he should not be in jail, not let of scot free.

Edited by markbivvy

The main reason i posted the other case is because it shows what you can and can't do. The second was clear cut no pre meditation and clearly self defence the first wasn't. The guy got off but was arrested untill the facts were checked out after all he had just killed someone so it has to be done by the book. The first had provocation and mitigating circumstances but a lot of the media is pressing it with mis leading facts. The page with the petition on is very misleading from other reports of what happened.

Its about time someone stood up to these thugs.Instead of jailing this poorman he should be congratulated. The thug that attacked him and his family gave nobody elce grief that night.He deserved all he got and more, pity the van had not accidently reversed over him as well. It appears that the police are being used, not to stop these hoods but instead to be tax collectors for the government. They seem to spend their time hideing behind traffic signs with speed guns or harrishing young people for having the wrong number plates on their cars. It would serve them better if they closed in on these scumbags and removed them from our midst, it would also gain them some respect which they appear to have lost.A few years back a policeman was a pillar of the community,sadly no longer, and this case just reinforces this opinion. This poor man should not even have been arrested in the first place.

Mark, I'm not saying that (and I'm not looking to fall out about it) :lol: - I'm thinking of alternative ways of social realigning of miscreants so they do not cause any further problems in their social environment.

Pushkin

Cut their 'kin balls off ???:lol: :lol: