Paintballing

shotgun harry

just wondering if there are any lads on here who do any paintballing? I started last summer and found it to be a good laugh and have been having problems at the local venue regarding the safety equipment. I dont mind the mask protecting the eyes is paramount but all of the rest of the bumf is a bit to gi joe for me, just prefer the t shirt a bit sadistic but a more natural way of playing.im moving down to reading in april does anyone know of any centres in the area?

Harry try a search for Paintballing under the search option. You should find a few topics on it, they pop up every few months.

Its a brilliant sport, I used to play a lot, and had all the kit. I played for a decent team, Team ACM (anti chav militia :) )

And I played the role of sniping/covert defense. Our team did not play like a regular paintball team. We were dressed in full camo or counter terrorist clothing :)

Learnt a lot, and spent a lot of time on my stomach in full camo. I recently passed through a 5 hour match taking 7 kills and not being hit once :lol:

Our team was never interested in sport paintball, we always played repros and stage games. The best matches are in the dark/evening where navigation and stealth play a big role. I have only played a couple of games around the inflatable boys and barrels, never found it fun compared to a forest match.

I remember laying up in one spot for around 20mins, and only then I found out I was laying on a soldier ant nest (or some similar large nasty looking ant species). I was then confronted with a number of enemy, and could not relocate or take any shots. Luckily, although I had ants in my pants, neither of them stung me. but its exeriance like this that makes the matches more interesting then sporting paintball.

It can get expensive when you are using 6 different barrels, red dot sights, electronic hoppers etc.. so get a system that works and stick with it if you buy your own. Remember the more intense the game is, the less the paintball hits hurt. But they still bruise the same :) Running is tough in a full face mask and double layer clothing on a hot day, so choose your kit wisely. The more protection you wear the hotter you will be. I chose to be light over suffering from heat exhaustion. And just avoid getting shot at to much :lol:

Unfortunatly all the paintball kit when, in order to help fund the FAC and SGC firearms, but I will always miss the feelings and memories I have had out in the field.

It can be as simple or advanced as you like, some of the lads had full throat mic comm sets, electronic trigger guns, and military styled guns. It all depends how far you want to go.

Harry try a search for Paintballing under the search option. You should find a few topics on it, they pop up every few months.

Its a brilliant sport, I used to play a lot, and had all the kit. I played for a decent team, Team ACM (anti chav militia :lol: )

And I played the role of sniping/covert defense. Our team did not play like a regular paintball team. We were dressed in full camo or counter terrorist clothing :)

Learnt a lot, and spent a lot of time on my stomach in full camo. I recently passed through a 5 hour match taking 7 kills and not being hit once :good:

Our team was never interested in sport paintball, we always played repros and stage games. The best matches are in the dark/evening where navigation and stealth play a big role. I have only played a couple of games around the inflatable boys and barrels, never found it fun compared to a forest match.

I remember laying up in one spot for around 20mins, and only then I found out I was laying on a soldier ant nest (or some similar large nasty looking ant species). I was then confronted with a number of enemy, and could not relocate or take any shots. Luckily, although I had ants in my pants, neither of them stung me. but its exeriance like this that makes the matches more interesting then sporting paintball.

It can get expensive when you are using 6 different barrels, red dot sights, electronic hoppers etc.. so get a system that works and stick with it if you buy your own. Remember the more intense the game is, the less the paintball hits hurt. But they still bruise the same :) Running is tough in a full face mask and double layer clothing on a hot day, so choose your kit wisely. The more protection you wear the hotter you will be. I chose to be light over suffering from heat exhaustion. And just avoid getting shot at to much :lol:

Unfortunatly all the paintball kit when, in order to help fund the FAC and SGC firearms, but I will always miss the feelings and memories I have had out in the field.

It can be as simple or advanced as you like, some of the lads had full throat mic comm sets, electronic trigger guns, and military styled guns. It all depends how far you want to go.

An excellent answer, but Jesus M Crow, the ****ers are everywhere.

Das Waltenkommando has it's work cut out here...

:)

had a few goes a while back...heard some of the nutters...put the painballs in the freezer........ooooohhhh PAIN!

We tested this (back then myth) and it does work. But our findings showed the paintballs were doing serious damage to varius things, and we considered them to be almost lethal.

Dont do it, you WILL put someone in casualty/wooden box.

A little like a rubber bullet, a hit in the wrong place may produce lethal effects and you dont want to go there.

Lets just say thin plywood did not stop some of the balls :)

No idea what you are on about there, but if its my spelling, I apologise :) :)

Hunter,

Not your spelling, just a continuation of some gentle ribbing of those who do paintballing/airsoft from the other night.

Big_Sam will fill you in on the details, if he doesnt kill you with his +1 damage mace for having the temerity to ask!

ZB

No idea what you are on about there, but if its my spelling, I apologise :lol::good:

Hunter,

Not your spelling, just a continuation of some gentle ribbing of those who do paintballing/airsoft from the other night.

Big_Sam will fill you in on the details, if he doesnt kill you with his +1 damage mace for having the temerity to ask!

ZB

Airsoft is for noobs :)

GO GET A GUN THAT CAN ACTUALLY BE FELT ON IMPACT :lol:

Il get a slating for that. But seriously.. they are over priced toys. :)