Firearms Department response times

jonno

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sent sgc of to PSNI 07/01/2008, to have another 12g shotgun put on, received acknowledgement within about 10 days of receipt, but still no permit back, still not expecting anything back yet as original grant took 7 months back in 2006. it is really is very tedious over here!!!!!

It seems things are settling down a bit with the new nationwide computer system.

Sent my FAC back in on Monday to Sussex police to get the wording ammended and requesting an open ticket for HMR and 243.

It is now waiting for me at home, came in the post today. Not seen the wording myself yet so will have to see this evening if I have got what I wanted!

But to turn it around in a day or two is encouraging compared to the long waites we used to have...

Fingers Crossed

Jerry

received my permit back this morning from PSNI , 17 week turn around.

that was quick for the PSNI :hmm:

yes that is quick for them :hmm: , i sent my FAC away to psni on the 22nd december to get a side by side added still not got it yet :thumbs:

got my FAC in today so roughly 5mths it took

Applied for SGC 2 weeks ago, called firearms dept yesturday as i had a day off, they informed me that they had sent relivant paperwork to local cop shop, and told me to go there and make an appointment with them, rather that waiting for them to call me.

So did just that can cop i saw came around within 30min, he was dead impressed with cabinate, said it was the rolls roice of cabinates, "its a bratton sound 4/5 gun" he passed off the premises and said i should have the cert within a week or so!!!

North Wales Police

:mad::good:

Hi all, this is my first post..so only thought it appropriate to contribute to this post...i have been through the SGC application with Strathclyde Police, applied 1st April referee visited by mid april,my interview and cab inspection end April....was told 2-3 weeks until cert came through...no sign yesterday so i phoned , all paperwork back just waiting on fabrication...should be with me by the end of next week...whats involved in fabrication..:good:...i have bought my first gun and its waiting at dealers for me to get cert...and i am getting impatient !!..its a Beretta silver pigeon with 28" barrels and multi chokes...2nd hand but in pristine condition...at most fired only 100 times..

Staffordshire

SGC application sent on 17th April, after 6 weeks of not hearing anything (no letter, nothing!) I phoned them to see what was going off, was told could be another 3-4 weeks. Still not heard a damn thing. Absolute pants.

I guess if there was a problem they'd have at least told me by now surely??? Not that I anticipate anything.

Edited by SilverBore

• 2 weeks later...

Received renewed FAC & SGC this morning in the post, although need to have minor condition change. How many others have had the vermin/ground game condition missed off for 22CF?

23 days - Cambs Constabulary :good:

Regards,