problem selling something on ebay

mag-man

At about 6 this evening, I put an apple iPod we don't want on ebay, now I checked on it, and saw that no body was visiting it. So I logged out and tried to search for it, I can't find it up for sale.

I even logged in through my wife's account, from her account I looked at my account and the items for sale, and from her account it says that I have nothing for sale, yet from my account it's still listed in my items for sale.

Any idea?

There is a delay between listing a sale and it going online. Strangely enough I find my own sales hard to find. I usually go to My E Bay then open it from there. You should be able to check your emails for confirmation from them if it has gone on sale. :lol:

As Vole21 says, there is always a small delay between listing and your item appearing. However, if you are selling stuff that is subject to high levels of fraud, such as electronic gear, computer gear, designer stuff, the delay is even longer. I think that they run all sorts of checks and double-checks before they pass listings in certain categories.

Probably Ipods are in that high-risk category for fraud. If it's not there tomorrow, I would start again, in case you did something wrong :lol:

Edited by Chard

I had about 6 views on it in the first hour, now there is still only 6, after about 5 hours, and I can't find it listed.

Don't believe the eBay counter they are notorious for telling porkies. I had one item with 200 views in the first hour then 8 for the rest of the 10 days.

TC

I had about 6 views on it in the first hour, now there is still only 6, after about 5 hours, and I can't find it listed.

Don't believe the eBay counter they are notorious for telling porkies. I had one item with 200 views in the first hour then 8 for the rest of the 10 days.

TC

Problem though is I can't find it listed........ :lol:

I think it's sorted now, what ******' me off, is I have missed valuable time waiting for it, time that I have paid for, eg, friday evening at the end of the month, one of the busiest times on ebay.............missed it

If it's any consolation, I've never found Friday night to be very busy on Fleabay - everybody's down the boozer getting arseholed :lol: :lol: :lol:

what ******' me off, is I have missed valuable time waiting for it, time that I have paid for, eg, friday evening at the end of the month, one of the busiest times on ebay.............missed it

So have you replied to Markbivvy who told you his daughter is after one?

Edited by DaveK

I've used Ebay a fair amount selling car parts and my advise would be to choose your category carefully and to use up as many characters as you can in the heading. Remember one thing, when you do a search on ebay it searches the heading (unless you click an optional box which also searches key words in the actual listing), the wording doesn't have to be in the same order. So if you enter 'Apple I-Pod' and I search for any of the two words or both in the reverse order it will come up.

The more you put in the heading the more chance it will pop up in someones search.

If I was selling a similar item my heading would be something like 'Apple Ipod 6gb Pink original headphones charger complete box instructions'

I haven't counted the characters in my example and there is a limit, but the point is any words someone enters in their search to match any words I have used will bring up my add. The more people that see your add the more chance you have of getting to those buyers who really want your item.

There is a delay in the add being made live, but if one of mine took days then I would e-mail Ebay and tell them as you pay a fee for a fixed time. Your 7 days for example should begin from when the add goes live.

TC

Whats the listing number? Put that in the search box, if it is listed, this will find it, it may be listed under a different heading.

TC

There are 46,000 listings for apple I pod. It all depends how you have your search preference set Ending soonest or newly llisted. Most people have their searches with ending soonest. I have my searches set at 100 items per page and there are 460 pages of them. When people search they rarely go back more than a dozen pages. To give you an idea of the amount that is there, the first 100 items are ending in the next 8 minutes. so it is unlikely that your Ipod would be seen till the last few hours. It would have been the same when you listed it it would have been on the back pages for about an hour then it would have got lost in the pages that no one looks at.

EBays terms and conditions are set that they do not guarentee that your item will be on show for the full duration of the listings. Try listing say a cartridge bag it will not show up for at least 24 hours.

Apple Ipod

TC

Although a newly listed item can take some time before appearing in search results, it always appears immediately in your "My Ebay" "Items I'm Selling" section. If it isn't there, something has gone wrong in the listing process and you'll need to re-list. You should also have got the confirmation e-mail within a few minutes of completing your listing. Finally, on correct completion of the listing procedure, you will always get a screen telling you that the item has been listed and showing the link to the listing. Click on that link to check it is OK.