new airrifle time

oneshotkiller

well all my rifles and spare kit is about sold so its time to start thinking bout a new slug gun . i have abudget of about 800 quid and want a good pcp strong robust and reliable i have dismissed both aa s410( owned one and could never get on with it ) and theoben rapids they dont seem to suit me ! so i would like advice from you guys what would you buy given the choice and why most of my shooting is on rabbits probably out too 50 yards max from vehicle stalking and hide shooting i also control rats on a few farms and shoot these at 10 to 30 yards so it needs to be accurate at all ranges .

thanks for reading this .

osk :hmm:

THE HW100 IT IS THEN, Great gun 2x14 shot mags and deadly accurate. My shop has them in at around 645 quid without scope and then you'll need the divers bottle. I have the aa s410k and love it. I also have the bsa super10 in FAC and thats also a really good gun. But i think the hw100 is the thing for you and anyone on here will tell you the same.

Falcon Prairie PF18 MP is what I`m using currently, never had a mis feed from the mags (you get 2 & spares only cost £15). There is also a moderated barrel version which can also take an additional moderator. Comes in thumbhole or sporter stock & both are lookers. Mine is a tack driver, it puts pellet on pellet at all ranges. It weighs 6.5 pnds which is light enough for all day carriage but enough weight to aid accurracy. Superb handling only marginally ruined by the fact the leading hand needs to be removed from the forend to use the safety, something you wuold get used to. Excellent build quality & you`d still have change from £800.

well i've got my dive bottle and a decent scope a hawke endurance so thats all sorted and i've set aside money for anything else i need ie sling bag bipod etc so the 800 quid is purely fpr the rifle and i'm not going fac i dont feel the need too now although i have the land i shoot on passed for it . i also want it in 177 calibre as thats what i prefer for hunting :hmm:

thanks for all the replys so far hw 100 seems to be winning it !

I own an Air Ranger and my mate has one and a HW100.

The HW is an absolutely cracking rifle no question about it, it ticks all the boxes.

However, my Daystate can do a full morning at the HFT club, an afternoon ratting session and an evenings lamping all on a single fill of air :hmm: its as accurate as you could wish for too.

Only thing is the price differance and the daystate mag is a little pellet fussy at times.

I've got an HW100S (sporter not the thumbhole stock) and have to say, it's the best air rifle i've ever come across - would highly recommend it - the reloading mechanism is faultless, accuracy amazing (i use Powapells).

also the silencer is very quiet, the airtank can be filled with a quick nozzle so you don't have to take it off the gun.

fd5a3c1de5c059d267f24f39befc61c4.jpg

Edited by nickbeardo

gonna have a look at the hw 100 i wanted one ages ago but couldnt quite afford it and i didn't havea dive bottle only a stirrup pump and some said the aa s410 is a piece of cake to pump so i opted for that ! been umming and aaahing bout this all day and i'm gonna go try 1 properly tomorrow then sleep on it for a couple of days :good: i aint rushing into buying anything at the mo my last 3 were bought on a whim then ended up regretting it plus i want a airgun i can use all year round and one thats suited to all my shoots .

i am a beliver in the saying" beware the man with one gun " :welcomeani: