Litter in the Countryside

pavman

Watched with interest on the news today a campaign close to my heart to help combat litter in the countryside, I like many I am sure do take the time to pick up crisp bags bottle etc and more to the point spent carts mine and others I may come across,

It’s a worth while focus to a problem so may I ask we all commit that no matter who dropped it we can make a difference by picking it up

Many thanks

Watched with interest on the news today a campaign close to my heart to help combat litter in the countryside, I like many I am sure do take the time to pick up crisp bags bottle etc and more to the point spent carts mine and others I may come across,

It’s a worth while focus to a problem so may I ask we all commit that no matter who dropped it we can make a difference by picking it up

Many thanks

Shame you don't apply the same highly dignified morals when you come and leave **** everywhere in my house...

Edited by Axe

Litter really really annoys me. I cannot walk past any in the countryside and I get rather angry at school when you see scrotes disgarding the entire contents of their lunchbox on the floor, be it a crisp packet or even 2 large sandwiches still in cling film. The people that do this are only yards if not feet from a bin and state their reason as 'it will get picked up anyway'. There are the same people that moan about the 40+ seagulls that descend on our playgrounds every break and lunchtime attracted by all the litter and as a result the amount of people that get crapped on is unreal.

I generally make a specific point of picking it up and either sticking it down the back of their shirts or just putting it in their bags, especially if it's a drink carton with some juice remaining. :)

Empty cartridges and plastic wads from pigeon and rabbit cartridges where there it a fibre option really annoys me too, and the chances are a plastic wad could do more damage than a disgarded crisp packet anyway as it's more likely to be eaten by a grazing animal.

FM

Many thanks

You say this like its is a massive problem?

Bin's overflowing in the carparks in the countryside with rubbish and the rest blowing about the place. I think we should the spongers and benefits scroungers and disabillity freaks with the glass backs to sweep up every weekend

Inner cities has the massive problem they are filthy with the waste food and rats especially in over crowded cities like London Leeds and Manchester. We have now bred a super rat that gorges on Mickey D's and pizza

Coastal areas with raw sewage being pumped into the sea from local council

Local water authorities poluting river reducing the COD of the water

Chemical companies pumping out tons and tons of chemical water are HMIP turn a blind eye to it

I wouldn't pick up anyone elses rubbish in a city and and take in home and I would pick up rubbish from the countryside either left by others

Jonno

Litter really really annoys me. I cannot walk past any in the countryside and I get rather angry at school when you see scrotes disgarding the entire contents of their lunchbox on the floor, be it a crisp packet or even 2 large sandwiches still in cling film. The people that do this are only yards if not feet from a bin and state their reason as 'it will get picked up anyway'. There are the same people that moan about the 40+ seagulls that descend on our playgrounds every break and lunchtime attracted by all the litter and as a result the amount of people that get crapped on is unreal.

I generally make a specific point of picking it up and either sticking it down the back of their shirts or just putting it in their bags, especially if it's a drink carton with some juice remaining. :good:

Empty cartridges and plastic wads from pigeon and rabbit cartridges where there it a fibre option really annoys me too, and the chances are a plastic wad could do more damage than a disgarded crisp packet anyway as it's more likely to be eaten by a grazing animal.

FM

i remember you were one of the crappers for the sea gulls ollie :w00t::w00t::w00t:

my wildfowling club has litter picks on the forshore its not all about shooting we all need to take care of our countryside and forshore there nothing so more beautiful than a sun rise on the forshore i think it's heven so it does not hert us to do a bit does it gents :good::w00t:

I have and always will Pavman but it ****** me off to have to do so.

Jonno 357 if you could correct the grammer or spelling i'm not sure which, not having a pop so don't come back, we will be able to gauge if you for or against it.

LB

Was a bit of a rant. I love to see the countryside clean and tidy and always remove all MY own rubbish but the book stops there I'm afraid

I think fishermen are one high on the list for leaving river banks littered. I do listen to Keith Arthur on the 6am show on talk sport and this issue has been brought up time and time again

Jonno

Living on a farm we do suffer from litter alot. Mainley lazy people in cars that throw their burger kings and just about anything else that should be put in a bin out of their windows. I think the worst though was a house had obviously had new windows put in so the nice people decided to chuck the old ones into one of the ditches, these are entire windows glass, window frames the lot :(

i would never drop my own litter but i would never pick anyone else's up ....

I know this is emotive, however,,,

A recent event in mind, couple of local wide boys have been roost shooting the small wood on the farm I look after Bunnies and Charlie’s, I went round after them about 3 weeks back and picked up 20 and 12 cases lay where they were ejected, I also found a drinks bottle and crisp packet dropped and 3 dead woodies stuffed in a Rabbit hole. Now I am not going to let this sort of thing slide as it could effect me. I picked it all up and when I saw farmer told him and hoped he would not associate me with such behaviour if he came across similar doing his rounds. End result is the two gents no longer get to shoot the farm and I no longer have to pick up their rubbish! So sometimes helping out is worth the effort, and if others cant be bothered to look after the privilege extended they don’t deserve to keep it!

A recent event in mind, couple of local wide boys have been roost shooting the small wood on the farm I look after Bunnies and Charlie’s, I went round after them about 3 weeks back and picked up 20 and 12 cases lay where they were ejected, I also found a drinks bottle and crisp packet dropped and 3 dead woodies stuffed in a Rabbit hole. Now I am not going to let this sort of thing slide as it could effect me. I picked it all up and when I saw farmer told him and hoped he would not associate me with such behaviour if he came across similar doing his rounds. End result is the two gents no longer get to shoot the farm and I no longer have to pick up their rubbish! So sometimes helping out is worth the effort, and if others cant be bothered to look after the privilege extended they don’t deserve to keep it!

Wholeheartedly agree, use it, use it properly or lose it! As many posters on PW know coming upon (good) permissions is damn hard work (for some its impossible) so look after it and there's little reason to lose it BUT if you're a litter lout then watch out 'cause that'll **** off most country lovers and probably most right thinking townies too.

As a small child

i was always made to pick up litter .

and if ever i was to drop any ??? well lets just say .i did not.

as soon as the boys were walking i made sure they did the same .

and am proud to say last time i went pigeon shooting with little sweepy .

as we were packing up the hide.

he went around without being told to picking up all the used cartridges.

and litter.

the only problem i have with my boys being so conscious about picking up .

is come wash day their pockets are full .from what they have stuffed in them . :(

takes me forever to empty them.

one thing i have notice in the last few years is that we seem to have less bins in are village to put the rubbish in .

apparently they spoil the look of the village :stupid:

xxxxsuzy

I know its sound stupid but watch out for needles, at my work we not allowed to pick up any litter without a litter picker and a pair of gloves. And we have to come back with a sharpes container and carefully make it safe, if not we have to phone the police.

I know someone up here who responsably picks up his dogs mess and puts it in a bio-degradable bag, but he thinks that cause they degrade he thinks he can chuck it anywhere, but the bag will preserve the poo inside it, making him as much stupid as others who dont. (By the way this is a public places.)

The attitude that most kids have today is that somebody will pick it up later, because they see those litter sweepers on the roads and litter pickers up in the town they think the same happens in the countryside or they think no one else will see it.

I think people who leave litter just think about themselves no one else.

DF

:hmm: if some one dumped ****e in your garden you would jump wall landing on said person asking them to remove it :hmm:

Was a bit of a rant. I love to see the countryside clean and tidy and always remove all MY own rubbish but the book stops there I'm afraid

I think fishermen are one high on the list for leaving river banks littered. I do listen to Keith Arthur on the 6am show on talk sport and this issue has been brought up time and time again

Jonno

Jonno,

As a fisherman and a shooter I see both sides regularly. It annoys me and whilst I will pick up my own rubbish as well as other litter in the immediate area of where I am going to and from if walking, I won't go out of my way to look for it.

The amount of line, used mini BBQ's, cans, general litter I saw on Orford Island beggars belief, the same as spent cartridges. I use a Semi Auto that chucks cartridges bloody miles, but I will still take the time to pick them up to the point where I am nearly ANAL about it. I like having my permissions and see no reason to risk it. The same comes with Fag butts. I smoke, and when shooting in the hide I usual throw on the floor and stamp out, but always, always pick them up when leaving.

It takes no more time than tying a shoelace to do.

Highlander,

You must know who those people are easily if there on your permission/land?

Pavman,

Litter, countryside, are you sure? You don't seem to get out much what with needing to earn brownie points since you started Foxing. Gardening today wasn't it :rolleyes:

SS

I will pick up my own rubbish but............................... :lol:

Stay at home then and do us ALL a favour sweety :rolleyes:

We have enough enemys coming at us without you turning joining in and allowing the countryside to be spoilt when you say you have the chance to do otherwise but won't do so :lol:

Wild stab in the dark here but are you a member of the rspca?

LB