Holland&Holland or purdey

deer stalker

Think i agree with Tinbum - I'm lucky enough to do a couple of corporate shoots every year and get to have a go on some very saucy London guns - They do look lovely and a huge amount of effort goes into making them (and paying for them!!), but i manage to hit far more and feel a damned sit more comfortable shooting with my £200 lanber :hmm: !

Boss for me please, I load for a couple of guys through the season one has a pair of Purdeys that break down more often than my first car-despite large sums of money being spent and the other a pair of single trigger Boss (1930's) they do get serviced and they never go wrong. I used one once to blow a pricked bird out of a tree! I also think that Boss are the only English owned company (but I might be wrong).

For people who have to much money. I have a Beretta, ITS BEAUTIFUL and have no aspirations for overated toffs stuff. I'm happy.

Since when does a beautiful example of virtually hand made bespoke engineering become "overated toffs stuff". If you can't appreciate the quality of a top English gun you don't even deserve a Beretta.

I stand by what I say. If I had the money I would'nt have one. If I fished the Tweed I would'nt use a Hardy rod. If I lived in London I would'nt have a Roller. Its not my intention to show off in this life. Swivel CharlieT

It's not about being a show off mate, it's about enjoying the best in life - if you wouldn't have one that's fine but don't judge everyone who elects to spend their hard earned on something top of the range as an "over-rated toff".

WGD