hoodies

kris

They are either mentally unhinged and like smashing other people windows but i must admit that the clothing probably aids it.

How did you come to this conclusion? If you see a man in a suit and tie does this mean that hes going to be an honest man because the likelyhood is that hes just come from the office? He could have just come from court, oh and politians wear suits, they are about as far from honest as you can get!

Clothing doesnt mean much!

On most of your statement I agree with you, any crook can wear a collar and tie. But most of the so called hoodies wear them so they cannot be identified, some of them wear them as a false threat (look at me I'm an hoodie) I am tough :hmm: But mainly it is when they do get in Court the defence will repeat the same thing over and over again, how could you recognise him with certainty if he was wearing a hooded jacket. To me they are gutless pieces of sh*te.

what people forget is we were all young once.

and NO not everyone who is under 18 is a t@*t,but in the same sentence not everyone who is over 60 needs to retake theyre driving test

there is a*"%holes everywhere but if we tar everybody with a hoodie a thug its like saying everyone with a gun is a terrorist.

i for one thinks that the latter is a joke

Media sensationalism at it's best.

I am a regular hoodie wearer (The off season sales in the surf shops in Cornwall are too good to pass up on) and I have never felt the need to smash an old folks window, or ****** my neighbours llama.

A bad egg is a bad egg, no matter what you dress it up in.

I own 2 hoodies so does my lad & my lass owns 1. They don`t` go out destroying things or harrasing people because they know their feet won`t touch the ground if I found out, but then again they don`t live in a town with "social problems". I blame the parents for not instilling self discipline & self pride in their kids & the government for bringing left wing laws & judges in that leave the police fighting crime with one hand tied behind their back. We need a swing to the right to even the balance a bit because with out it things will only get worse under this failed idealogical experiment implemented by our current leading politicians.

i think ther has been some wrong comments on here( i dont think its the clothes people wear!!!but ther is alot of stereo type people in our minds :hmm: eg on tv for instance all the little ****s are portraed in hoodies and track suits this is were i think most of this comes from however a lot of crimes take place under a hood) i dont think people who wear a hoodie are all trouble, i go surfing a lot and there is nothing better than getting in to a nice thermal hoodie after,,,, i think chavs are another boat though,, i think its safe to say some kids are brough up with a lot of disrespect now and this shows on the streets, i think its known as the playstation geroration,,,,, as i have been told by many of you guy,,,we need to get our kids in the field with us shooting and fishing(that way at least we can say non of our kids are put in to this catogree damaging peoples property or shooting at other kids :hmm::hmm:

My wife works with 'referred youths' who have genrally stepped out of line at some point. When they first start on a course with her unit they are given an informal interview of sorts.

One of the questions they ask is 'why do you hang around the streets causing bother?'

Answer: 'Because there is nothing else for a 12 - 17 year old to do in the evenings.

It is true too. When I was 15 there used to be youth clubs etc to go to where you could play pool and other stuff. Things to keep your brain active rather than just being bored and boozed up. Don't get me wrong we used to get wasted in the local park on cider and cheek older blokes off a bit. What we didn't do though was vandalise property of any sorts. Well, maybe a bit of graffitti on the swings :hmm: about how a certain teenage female would offer certain pleasures. :hmm:

What it all boils down to now IMO is respect of others. Most people now know the police can't touch them so to speak so have little or no respect for them. Once they realise they can get away with allsorts they start to push those boundaries further and further. Once respect is lost for the authorities it is generally lost for their parents and anyone else. Once they get to this stage they are then on a downward spiral sadly.

The unit which my wife operates tries to occupy these 'offenders' minds to think differently and channel their efforts into sports. They have an amazing turnaround with the youths and a few have gone onto play football for some top football teams. What they don't do is to take them on fancy holidays and wipe their backsides for them though. Most activities often cost less than a packet of cigs to run. They can go to an area and round up a fair size group of youths and start a footie game which can run for anything upto 3 hours. Normally she will leave the football with them so they have something to do when they get bored. Suprisingly a lot do use it too. Don't get me wrong here, some stay little **** and carry on as normal but the general turnaround is very high.

Most young minds just need stimulating and channeling accordingly to prevent them from going down that spiral of no hope.

So we now know Ferret Master wears a hoodie, but only because it saves him carrying a ferret box :hmm:

I wasn't saying that every hoodie wearer is bad, my mrs wears them sometimes and she's a teacher. What I do know though is that all the local smack heads, druggies, thieves and people I know from my youth to be total a-holes all wear them. You never see them in anything else and the hood is always up, even in summer. Now, why? They're hiding their identity IMO. They can be seen legging it away from something they're wrecked or broken into without anyone knowing for certain who they were. We all know, even the locl police, but it's not solid evidence so is no use to the law.

I personally think any of the kids who bleat about having nothing to do have very little imagination, my two often come home saying I`m bored but when offered alternatives to do they don`t try them. I can think of loads of games we would play from tag, hide & seek (top way of teaching your nippers fieldcraft), football, cricket to baseball; we`d build dens & go swimming in the local lakes (not that I`m suggesting any body should follow that line of topic).

Anybody who grew up in the Lincoln of the eighties would know that there were very few attractions for anybody of any age(if you`d been to the cathedral or castle once you`d been a dozen times) & whilst some of us did partake in inflicting violence on each other (seemed to have been a favoured pastime between schools & estates,) we didn`t have a tendency to mug people or put two fingers up to the Police (always remember a friend of mine trying that & receiving a swift punch in the hooter for his troubles, he learnt !). It wasn`t till the University was built that business became interested in the town.

Hoodies don`t hurt people, people hurt people & boredom is just another limp wristed **** poor excuse for do gooders to use to get more of our taxes to keep them in a job.

All there is to do in my town for young people, which has 3 secondary schools is an outdated cinema in serious need of refurbishment and a swimming pool. That is it.

FM :good:

And do you go around wrecking stuff? From talking to you on here I very much doubt it. You've found a hobby that you can enjoy in your spare time, and don't cause any bother to anyone. You're a respectable lad from what I can make of it. All it takes is a little imagination and some effort, which is something a lot of little retards your age can't come up with! They step out of line and are not punished, which I feel is wrong. They don't know any better, and have no reason to respect others. How is ruining the life of a pensioner fun :yes:

Got to agree with you there. Problem is some people don't get the chances that I do to get out shooting, fishing and ferreting and know no other way that to hang about on the streets. I'm not defending them but I do think more facilities would go a long way to keeping people out of trouble.

FM :yes:

P.S I have a very nice ferret box thanks. :good:

Ha Ha Ha, spot on F C,! I can remember many times when I would be whizzing my fire can in the street, with mates doing the same, and how occasionally they would collide in mid air, and the resulting cascade of white hot bits falling down on our heads and necks Hee, Hee Hee. !!going into my house with holes burnt into my clothing!! and the resulting clip round my ear, or a kick up the jacksey,... if my dad was near!!! :hmm::hmm::good: