nppc loyalty?

peejay

Hiya peejay

I don't think we know the full facts of ossa's 150mile outing, and it's not easy to quantify pigeon shooting.

Compared to other operations nppc membership is quite cheap, there is no hidden agenda and you can ask the man questions.

I know of a group of friends who went for a pre-arranged day with pigeon guides in Lincs, they took their own equipment and it still cost them over £70 each and they only had 15 shots between them!

So you see, there are absolutely no guarantees where woodpigeons are concerned regardless of any known feeding patterns or shooting history they are extremely fickle especially when flocked up in winter time.

From your previous 'posts' it would appear you are contemplating joining nppc and if it is of any help you are welcome to accompany myself sometime, subject to an OK from John.

I would prefer to go weekdays when not so many people are out shooting, so we might have a few options.

You will not be obliged to join the club, and only have your own expenses on the day, please feel free to e-mail me and, hopefully we can arrange something.

Cheers, CB :}

As a member NPPC, I have never had any complaints. I've always found John Shooter to be helpfull and extremely acommodating, and as as I've mentioned in previous posts, I feel that £90 is excelent value for money indeed to be able to go out at relitivley any time you desire to shoot woodies over deeks.

NPPC is not a sydicate and dosn't guarantee or always have the sole shooting rights to a particular piece of land, but I for one believe that this is more than compensated for by the sheer volume of sites to shoot on the field list.

The choice is yours, at the end of the day.

Paul in North Lincs.

I can only agree with CB and Paul.I find NPPC excellent value for money(as already stated on several occasions).There is never guarantee that we will shoot pigeons every time we go out.If people want that they could pay a guide £100-150(and again there is no guarantee!!!!).John has never said he is a pigeon guide.I would also like to add to CB comment about Ossa's speculated mileage.Is it nearer to 40 miles than 150?Anyway,I am desperate to get out and give John regular calls.Where I usually go out is relatively quiet but hope for some action soon!

I know what you mean, today I got a day off work so I booked a shoot just south of Scotch Corner, this is one of the nearest shoots to me as I live in Newcastle. About an hour into the shoot, a local out walking his dog stopped to chat and told me that there had been shooters there all weekend, I stood for the rest of the day and ended up bag of 2, (1 crow & 1 skemie). Knocks your moral a bit when it's about 150 mile round trip, you drive a thirsty banger like I've got. But after cup of coffee & a shower I always say the same thing,

"THE NEXT SHOOT WILL BE BETTER"

I would like to clear up a couple of point's re my last post, I think the way I have worded it led to some taking it the wrong way. I booked the shoot at the last minute on the advice of a third party ( non member) who said he had seen pigeons feeding there, I have since found out that this third party is, let's say "very unreliable" and as it turns out, the pigeons were not feeding there at all, the shooters that where their before me are non members and shooting in a nearby field.

My post was not a complaint, I have been a member of NPPC for 5 or 6 years now and have never found anything to complain about, without John Shooter and the NPPC I would not have got off the ground regarding my pigeon shooting.What I was trying to say is, not every shoot brings in big bags and its not always a big bag that makes ita good day out. even on a day like I had, you have to put it behind you and look forward to your next day out. If John could tell you where every pigeon and every shooter including non members are at on a certain day, then you would call him "GOD" not John.

P.S my milage was just a wild guess, but on shooting days by the time I drop my wife and kids off, ( no say in the matter) pick up my shooting partner, and a bit of recon down their, it will not be that short of 150 round trip. Sorry to any readers or members concerned.

Hi Ossa!Your explanation puts things right in my opinion!I totally agree with your comments.I have been out twice recently and have not had good bags but I am sure I will have a very good day soon!Thats pigeon shooting and we should all accept that.I am very pleased that we have access to so much land with a minimal fee(for what we get)

PS:We dont live a million miles away to each other!

Is there any land down here in South Northants ?. Once you've joined is there an additional charge per day ?, if not I'll be joining and booking 90 days for this year ;-)

There is no additional charge per day. From the shooting list I have just received, I think there is quite a fair bit of land your way.

• 2 weeks later...

PEEJAY

i dont know if you have joined the nppc yet or not, i have been a member for about 5 weeks now, i have been out only a couple of times with not much luck BUT that is not the nppc fault it is a national problem.

i am completly satisfied with the club and i personally think john shooter is a pleasant and help full chap and i am sure i amoungst others will have some great days in the future so if not already done get you cash out mate and give it a whirl

cheers shawn

hi shawn-thanks for reply- i wasnt trying to slag off nppc but was asking questions that , mabie , people was wondering the answers to but darent to ask.

but after many helpful answers(some came in pms) thanks to the people like doc,flight line,ossa,pshuter. then the fee is money well spent, (aprox £2.00 per week) my subscription will go at the end of this month- (more bills than a duck pond since christmas)

thanks

If you join, you will find out that there is at least 18 farm lands that are part of NPPC, I've just checked on the maps.

I rather not tell you wich areas they are situated ( The big Boss of NPPC always reads these topics I could get shot) but trust me it's very near Northham.

As a matter of fact I will be shooting there this Saturday

Cheers

Marco

??? :blink: