Any Cornish shooters?

tinbum71

I live near Redruth in Cornwall and have permissions over a few farms and smallholdings. I'm not really looking for more land to shoot as I'm asked to cover ground by new land owners pretty much every time I go shooting. However, I would like to find some people to go lamping or pigeon shooting with. If you're down this neck of the woods and need, or can lend a hand, get in touch. :hmm:

Fleabag and I had a marathon lamping session down that way just over a week ago. It was the first time we had a real play with his new jeep - and they soon get mopped up as rabbits just dont see a vehicle as a predator unless they have been shot at and missed. However the shooter is rested and has a stable rifle rest at about standing height, or higher if the sunroof is used so they dont really get much chance to learn. :D

We are now in danger of overshooting his permissions if we go at them too often with the jeep. My best was somewhere between thirty and forty in three circuits of a 30 acre field with broccoli stems still in it and ran out of bullets. Went back the next night and got a few more. Ended the week with over 300 between us.

I'm sure Chris would meet up with you if you'd like to try that idea out - he generally gets down to Hayle for an extended weekend about once a month - lamping is generally our thing but he's got a 223 to play with too now. :yes:

Fleabag and I had a marathon lamping session down that way just over a week ago. It was the first time we had a real play with his new jeep - and they soon get mopped up as rabbits just dont see a vehicle as a predator unless they have been shot at and missed. However the shooter is rested and has a stable rifle rest at about standing height, or higher if the sunroof is used so they dont really get much chance to learn. :D

We are now in danger of overshooting his permissions if we go at them too often with the jeep. My best was somewhere between thirty and forty in three circuits of a 30 acre field with broccoli stems still in it and ran out of bullets. Went back the next night and got a few more. Ended the week with over 300 between us.

I'm sure Chris would meet up with you if you'd like to try that idea out - he generally gets down to Hayle for an extended weekend about once a month - lamping is generally our thing but he's got a 223 to play with too now. :yes:

Fantastic! I have at least one permission that would be happy if we wiped out the bunnies in their fields. (they keep rescued horses and can't afford more vets fees) We also have more foxes than enough. If we shoot enough, will that offset the carbon footprint of using the jeep? :angry:

Fantastic! I have at least one permission that would be happy if we wiped out the bunnies in their fields. (they keep rescued horses and can't afford more vets fees) We also have more foxes than enough. If we shoot enough, will that offset the carbon footprint of using the jeep? :angry:

down again soon, so if you send me a pm i will contact you for a meet up, chris

Great response guys!

Ideally I would like to get some kind of loose network of shooters down here that can meet up to shoot if and when they want a hand. For the guys who've PM'd me, keep in contact and we'll get a meet sorted soon. We could even start our own "cornish mafia" to rival the essex boys! :blush:

:rolleyes:

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Yeah live just down road from you between camboure and helston.

I shoot 22 lr and am getting a 17 hmr rifle this week.

I live on a 22 acre small holding and am going for permission at two the places.

around 200 acres.

Have only been shooting about a year and love it.

You want to meet up or have a chat pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live at Perranporth, lamp up this way with my 22lr and have a daylight walk with my Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g. I've got a Hilux that i shoot from would love a bit more action, as this area get so full of tourists, can't knock them too much i earn a living from them. :mad: