One more killer silenced

tikkamark

Evening all,

Its been a while since i last posted a pic of my adventures out due to broadband issues but i have been taking out one or two troublesome foxes since i last was on B)

This was my most recent outing:

On Thursday night i went out solo with the t3 and lightforce striker to check out a local sheep farmers land he had been loosing the odd lamb or two and we had released pheasants there also so they have to be kept in check :yp:

After loading up and putting on wellies ect i hopped the gate into the field nearly making **** of the door of the car in the process and making a load of noise :hmm: Not exactly the most stealthy of entrances :yes: After a walk of about 800meters up a sloping sheep field to a high vantage point i scanned the area and bingo a lovely shiny pair of eyes looking back at me it was fairly far off so a shot was'nt on so i gave a distress squeal to try and tempt it in to no avail ;) So time for the tactical approach-i went back up the field across a lane to get behind the fox and to a good spot for the shot,to get into the field i had to cross a swampy patch then a barbed wire fence not easy with a 8kg backpack on your back and a 13lb rifle :D

after i eventually got to cross the fence i spotted my fox further up the field but within shooting distance now approx 180-200yards but due to the lay of the land i had to get in closer for some reason the fox was very content pacing up and down one spot just behind a rise in the field i got down to shoot off the bi pods then suddenly it ran up on top of the rise and one fox suddenly became two they started to roll around playing one was noticeably bigger than the other obviously the dog so he was the chosen target i waited and waited for a shot to present itself when he sat upright looking away from me i settled the x behind its shoulder blade to get the 55gr v-max to pass through its heart he stayed very still and i squeezed..crack.....THUMP :D and what a thump it was :hmm: the fox dropped without a twitch 105yrds on the rangefinder.

I reloaded and walked to the crest of the hill to my amazement the second fox was still feeding on what was keeping them so busy-a sheep carcass it was to dangerous of a shot with houses in the distance so i left her be she didn't mind the light so she will be got at some stage :lol:

The pic is of the dog beside the sheep remains the fox was swelled out it was after eating so much of the sheep.

Mark

post-6430-1209165609.jpg

Edited by tikkamark

nice one mark and nice right up i realy do like your tika tactical

Thanks russ its doing the job for me very well since i got it and with the trigger adjusted to 2lbs its a joy to shoot ;) I flattened a crow with it before i went out after the fox on thursday at 150yrds :hmm:

Thats always the way john :yes: Im sure it will get introduced to ye at some point in the future :D

well done mark good story. pity i was to lazy to go out with you that night. would have made your job a bit easier.

Yeah your going to have to get the finger out :hmm:

But even though its hard work carrying round the battery and rifle its a fairly productive way of getting them as not to much noise is made and you can put the beam exactly where you want it :D

Might head out thursday night if your on shane :blush: