First Shoot

Birdboy

Just thought I would upload my first picture of a few rabbits i had earlier this evening after zeroing my new rifle.

I was approved for my FAC a few weeks ago and went out to pick up a CZ Style .22 i ordered a month prior ! and my MTC Viper Scopes, however on the day of patiently trying to zero the scopes, the scopes developed a problem and they were sent back to be replaced, so gutted as i was, ive had to wait 2 long weeks for a new set to arrive. Anyway, they came yesterday and today was the first real time i have shot the rifle, after spending an hour zeroing the new glass.

Just as the gun was zero'd, the wife telephoned me to say i was late for my roast lamb !!, so i had to make a choice, stay on for another 10 minutes and try the gun on some bunnies ( and be in even more trouble) or drive home immediately.

Hopefully the picture tells a 1000 words !! Wifey not too happy and dinner very dry and cold, but well worth it.

Before i left the farm, i walked down to a well known bunny haunt and there was stacks ! Bearing in mind i had only just zero's the rifle, and im still getting used to gauging distances in my mind, id say the first i hit was 60yds. Easy, as the rifle had just been zero'd at 60, so i pulled the trigger and bang, down he went. Amazingly, all the other rabbits sat there after the first went down (SAK mod seems good !), so i looked at the second pair of ears approx 75 yds (ish), so i raised the crosshair to the next notch and the second one went down. My friend spotted the third on the edge of the hedgerow - approx 80-85yds, so again i raised the crosshair, and the 3rd went down. 3 rabbits with 3 shots and in under 5 minutes :mad: !!

Shame the dinner was cold, but hey, worth every minute. Looking forward to the long evenings.

The only thing i have to master now is presenting my quarry and my rifle as neatly as you guys do it for the pictures !!

Cheers

Gaz

post-11508-1211146489.jpg

Cheers guys.

Yes Gixer, very light. I went for the Synthetic as if its anything like my shotguns, it will take a bit of a bashing up the farm and has the added benefit of being light.

Hope to get my next bag photos on here soon !

Cheers

Gaz