Hedgehogs

Maiden22

Does anyone know if it's possible to encourage them in any way...........

Leave discreet notes around your garden saying things like "You're special" and "You go for it little hedgehog!"

This boosts thier self confidence and feeling of well-being and will result in a totally confident population in no time! :blush:

We had some hedgehogs in our garden a few years ago. They also seem to be doing well in the woods where I shoot. There are some ENORMOUS ones there!

When we used to let our dog out at night... dog-god rest her soul... she used to carry them around in her mouth. Neither animal was hurt; but I'm sure it was incredibly distressing for the hedgehog so we took them off her whenever she got one. I dunno about encouraging them but not letting your dog do that is probably a good start!

Funnily enough; the dogs we've got now do the same thing with toads. Again, they're not hurt. The dog just ends up with a foamy mouth as some of the toads here are mildly poisonous :good: Maybe that's why neither dogs nor toads are the dominant species on this planet.

Stange that our dogs are so kind to those critters but they don't take kindly to cats and rats. Last time our dogs got a rat it was a couple of weeks before we found the head. Thought they'd eaten it :good:

Our springer spaniel sometimes brings LIVE and perfectly IN TACT partridges home from the fields too! Can you believe it?!

Oh... but I digress :good:

Leave discreet notes around your garden saying things like "You're special" and "You go for it little hedgehog!"

This boosts thier self confidence and feeling of well-being and will result in a totally confident population in no time! :good:

:good::good::lol:

This boosts thier self confidence and feeling of well-being and will result in a totally confident population in no time! :good:

HAHAHA i might give this a go, boost my confidence when i get left notes like, "hover the house" - "Make dinner"

Lets me know im being thinked about i suppose :good:

genius :good::good::lol::lol::lol::lol::hmm:

This boosts thier self confidence and feeling of well-being and will result in a totally confident population in no time! :lol:

:lol::lol::hmm:

,made my day that did :good::good::good: gets my vote for post of the week :lol: