SGC Application!

what do I put in the section asing about where I am going to store a shotgun ? I obv will be getting a gun cabinet BUT my friend told me not to buy one first and to send off for my SGC first then get a shotty!

Its part B of the application form. Cheers :good:

also what do I put in part C? Ive never held a FAC or SGC before. Just put NA in all the boxes ?

do I tick no for a SGC that will expire the same time as a FAC since I dont have a FAC or just leave it blank ?

Do I put NA in the box on the back for my parents signature ? or just leave it ?

I dont want to mess anything up otherwise It'll take even longer to sort.

BTW Are the photes required the ones you get for a passport ? Appreciate the help guys, sorry to be annoying :good: my first time!

Edited by Bigthug87

When i had my interview, i asked the guy if he wanted to see my cabinet - He asked me if i had a gun yet, to which i replied "no". His response was "Well you don't need a cabinet yet then, do you?" :good:

Logically, the cabinet needs to come and be installed just before you get your gun.

Our local Firearms officer when my dads certificate came for renewal, tried to pinch his certificate without telling him, but he insisted he had a section 7 and then the firearms officer backed down. be carefull, and remember the law does not say you have to have a steel cabinet, ( i can not do a poper quote) just thake sensible mesures or summat like that.

Good Luck

Japrite

If I were you - I'd get a cab and install it before the interview...

Saves a repeat visit from the FEO to check the cab is suitable...

I'd do the same, then write in the box some thing like will be securely stored in a purpose built / purchased cabinet, attached to the main fabric of the building.

Position the cabinet out of sight of ground floor windows or where regular visitor may stroll and fix with good quality fixings ( raw bolts or similar, not upvc framing screws :good: ) to wall and floor, checking first that the wall is not of the plaster board / timber 'studded' type. :good:

When i got my licence I was told by the firearms officer to have the cabinet fitted and ready for when he came to do his interview, he said this would be more convient for him and me as I would not have to make another appointment for him to come and inspect it.

As for the form I told them where I was putting the cabinet ( cupboard under the stairs)...

hope this helps.

WRITE, in a police approved cabinet bolted to an interior brick wall,

at my home address, :good: ps put your cabinet in now if you

think youll be okay saves time and they can inspect it at the

first interview if refused sell it. :good:

Edited by 2shots

WRITE, in a police approved cabinet bolted to an interior brick wall,

at my home address, :good: ps put your cabinet in now if you

think youll be okay saves time and they can inspect it at the

first interview if refused sell it. :good:

Sorry mate last questions

yes

yes

yes

and passport photos, remember to get them signed on the back by your ref and dated stating current likeness :good:

Edited by 2shots

I thought it wasnt allowed to be an exterior wall ?

Also asks to give info on any cert holders sharing the facilities. What do I put ? there will be no one else sharing!

An external wall or supporting wall meaning the brick one inside a cupboard or loft etc,

you cant bolt it to the plasterboards,and no other cert holders sharing, :good:

Cheers 2shots your really helping, what about

also what do I put in part C? Ive never held a FAC or SGC before. Just put NA in all the boxes ?

do I tick no for a SGC that will expire the same time as a FAC since I dont have a FAC or just leave it blank ?

Do I put NA in the box on the back for my parents signature ? or just leave it ?

This is all thats left to really

Cheers 2shots your really helping, what about

This is all thats left to really

yeah just put n/a and tick no for the sgc fac same time and if your old enough :good: just leave the parent bit

make sure you get the photos signed :good:

woops put NA on the parent bit haha, oh well. Hopefully go down the local co-op 2nite and get the photos done so can get them signed tomorrow, When should I be getting the cabinet then ? Hmm going to have to arrange to pick 1 up. Was going to get a second hand one from PW sales. Any recomendations ? Hopefully looking for one with a ammo container inside so I dont need to buy 2!

if your confident I would put it in now and be sorted when he comes,proves your

sensible and serious,doesnt have to have ammo storage for sg cartridges you can

store them anywhere if you want to,my mate keeps 50000 in his garage lockup

on a pallet.Checkout flebay or the local clubs for used, my son got one from the

gunmart delivered 3 gun 99.00 2 days, :good:

hello mate, i had my interview with the FEO from south wales police too, his name is ian johnson and he's really quite a sound guy. he rang and asked if i had a cabinet fitted and when i said yes he said ''nice one, that means i won't have to visit you twice'' he even brought my visit forward because i was going back to work soon, and said the only reason he didn't bring my SGC with him was because it wasn't fabricated yet. if i ws you i'd bolt a cabinet in now because you'll be doing him a favour, and he might be able to help you out too.

and don't worry about the interview, he was only in my house for about 5 mins. he just asked what shooting experience i had, how often i drink, was my house alarmed and where i was planning to shoot(but he didn't check) you could even drop your application off in person from kenfig and meet him face to face.

I dont have a house alarm, will this hinder my application ? :good:

Didnt know you dont need a safe for shotgun carts! That'll save me a few quid!

Normally the window locks are ok theres no laws requiring one for a sgc,

my mate got away with these window buzzers 3 for a quid at the pound

shop,and that was for a fac.