lamping scopes

martin1

thanks for replys lads,

ive been using the simmons aetec and wtc, i buy the wtcs 3.5-10x50s and sell them on ebay for £100.

verry interested in peoples comparisons and hi end scopes like leupold and s&b..

the man with the s&B what they like mate??

any one got a kahles,swavoski,zeiss,doctor or meopta?:good:?

looking into the meoptas and drs and leupolds and need some advise or some one whos used them to give some advise, if you dont mind please..

leupold Vi,VII and VIII would also be nice but if any ones used or compared to a meopta or dr id really appreciate if you could post please..

thanks

Martin, you might note, that th guys with the high end scopes have not got them mounted on airguns. Putting an S&B on airgun would be overkill. That said, if I had the money to burn, I would do so. The S&B is second to none when it comes to light gathering at night.

ANDY G,

what you think of the burris range finder?

how does it compare with wtc for clarity and night shooting?

been watching these as i have a uncle in usa that says he can get them half the price over here but still £400 is a lot..

i think im after a ultimate life time scope to pass down to my littlens and which will be life time guaranteed..

AXE mate yes i had the money for s&b, think im looking towards leupold and burris to be honest mainly due to life time guarantee..

im planning on fac the momment i get back on the rd and get land which i will pass the scope onto..

been looking at meoptas and doctors too,sure one of thems made by zeiss..

unfortunately my gun shops are rubbish and i cant get to see threw any thing so im heavily looking into gun digest and internet when i get 5min..

has any one seen the digital scopes that you can down load reticles and allo sorts from spain??

il get the proper name, there around £2000 wow..

andy g please reply mate i have honestly been looking at them hard..

I presume yer a bit lexdysic like me Martin... My name is DAVE ;)

Overall I'm very pleased with the LaserScope - but it has been a tad troublesome. Battery life is poor - the auto shut off doesn't work so I have fitted a rocker switch to disconnect the battery till I want to use it. You could just remove it after every outing instead I guess. I think it's occasionally losing zero, but not quite sure as the first time I started shooting low the brass baffles in my sound mod had corroded. It could be that it's just sensitive to knocks because it grouped an inch or so low at 50 yards again a couple of days ago.

The focusing is unusual in that it's done with the occular (rear) lense, so you sometimes lose the well defined retical in favour of a clear image of the target. I presume this is something to do with the front lense carrying the reflected laser receptor/antenna. The front of the mounting rail has a piece out of the underside - possibly to allow spent shells to clear easier on some rifles.: it needs faffing about with when initially fitting it - but a good fiddler would manage it ok. :hmm:

It has a startup time loss where it displays the measurement mode in yards or meters for a few seconds before it can be used, then if a succesfull measurement was made it displays that too for a few seconds. The display is not too obtrusive to take a shot while the display is lit in daylight but at night you will need to wait for the display to timeout. It can't be long before second generation ones come available which would probably address most of these issues. I would not have paid the UK price for one of these but am happy with the US value for money for the new technology.

The first two ballistic retical dots are brilliantly spaced for both my 17HMR and .22lr barrels. I dont really get to use any of the other dots yet as I don't do much laying up. Make sure you have an alternative mounting solution for your gunlamp. Finally - after all that - I'm told it doesnt work at moderate air rifle ranges - it's claimed to be from 50 yards to 550 yards on deer: to 800 on reflective targets. I can find the distance to one of my neighbours brick gable end at 43 yards.

Martin, you might note, that th guys with the high end scopes have not got them mounted on airguns. Putting an S&B on airgun would be overkill. That said, if I had the money to burn, I would do so. The S&B is second to none when it comes to light gathering at night.

Wrong, the Swaro is far better :no: B)

Got one on my rimmy and one on the hmr :( :lol:

Don

Wrong, the Swaro is far better :no: B)

Got one on my rimmy and one on the hmr :lol: :o

Don

Wrong again got a ziess far better than a swaro :( :lol: