Yet another new sign-up

Neels

Evening All

I am new to this forum, originally from South Africa, but sadly do not have the the advantage of being able to claim to be young anymore, like some other new people;-)

Currently living in North Wales, around Mold, and have done so for the last year. Owned various rifles (.117, .22, 6.5 x 57, .303), shotguns (12g) and pistols (9mmP) in South Africa, but [soul damaging] had these destroyed when I moved to the UK.

Since being here bought a .22 SMK, just to keep the dream alive, and getting a visit from the friendly FLO on Monday to see if I am a suitable candidate for a Shotgun certificate - Hoping fervently all goes well.

Whilst I do have lots of shooting experience and exposure in SA the shooting culture, laws and the way things are done does appear to be significantly different in the UK, so kindly bear with me if I ask to many questions or appear out of touch with reality;-) Looking forward to some useful and enjoyable interaction

Kind regards

Neels

Many thanks for the welcomes - Had my visit from the FLO on Monday, so now I am patiently waiting to see what comes out of the woodwork.

A quick question to anyone seeing this. Is it possible, or indeed legal, to buy an 12g and 20g at the same time and having both of them added to the certificate at the same time (i.e. saving to have to apply for a variation later), or is that being a bit pushy?

Regards

Neels

Welcome to the forum Neels. If the FLO had a problem you would have got the vibe, so you should be OK. As codling says, the SG will not restrict you in gun nembers or calibres, maybe if you bought 12 and you only had a 3 gun cabinet it might attract attention.

I am truly amazed - FLO visited last Monday (very polite and professional gentleman) - came home today and there was the shotgun certificate.

I have heard that others have had problems and or delays with the North Wales Police, but whether it had to do with luck or a low work load I can only but speak highly of them.

Now I can start perusing the "for sales" with much more diligence;-)

Cheers

Neels