Police just took my guns!!

tinbum71

Why people are we all over this guy's ***?He is after all one of us , a huntsman, a shooter and from what I have seen a reasonable person.Do you have to jump all over every person with a mishap that comes here to ask for help? If so then you are allready playing right into the hands of the very people whowant to see you all without guns.

Think about it!!!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did you speak to at BASC?, are they a member of the firearms team?

:good: well

You some kind of Nazi interrogator? Leave the guy alone :unsure: :angry: What gives you the right to demand an answer just because it's not been done immediately?

Now you know what are you going to do with the information? Does it make you feel better or just clever?

Traztaz, just noticed where you're from. Please don't take offence at my post, it wasn't aimed at your country in general. I've known quite a few young ladies from Dortmund (maybe some little Dave's running about)

Edited by DaveK

Weave - in what way would you have "Taken them on"? Can't believe you are serious. Perhaps you should phone your FLO to check whether you will be keeping your cert - especially if he reads these posts.

So many people back down from the coppers.

I would have challenged them verbally.

What do you think i was going to do, get out my AK47 and take them down Arnie style?

Your post about me keeping my certificate is the usual self-righteous bulls*it you get on forums like this.

You are presumably one of the usual robots, who bend over and take it up the backdoor for every copper you meet.

For the record i am not one of them.

Thanks.

Never heard of the guy?? It's been a while since I've had to get in touch with the firearms team, may be he's new??, Mike Everly is with out doubt the best person to take this problem to, as an ex copper and a shooter he does seem to enjoy his job :unsure: really know his stuff, you would be well advised to give him a call, can't hurt can it? :angry:

"I am not criticising you but I am afraid the police had no right to take your guns and that you should have refused to co-operate unless they either had a letter of revocation from the firearms licensing department or a warrant to enter your premises."

Your comment on this DH....& not a webpage please,

BJ.

They can seize evidence relating to an offence. They believe an offence has been commited and are investigating it. The guns may or may not be linked to that offence therefore they can seize them under the powers granted to Police Officers under section 19 of PACE.

What BSAC say is correct in that if Tinbum had refused them entry to his house they would have had to obtain a search warrant from a magistrate to enter the house to seize the guns. There was no letter of revocation as his ticket has not been revoked but the guns have been seized during the course of an investigation.

Is that clear enough?

Harry

:sick: well

You some kind of Nazi interrogator? Leave the guy alone :unsure: :angry: What gives you the right to demand an answer just because it's not been done immediately?

Now you know what are you going to do with the information? Does it make you feel better or just clever?

Traztaz, just noticed where you're from. Please don't take offence at my post, it wasn't aimed at your country in general. I've known quite a few young ladies from Dortmund (maybe some little Dave's running about)

:good::hmm::sad1: take it easy Dave, just get peed off with reading sh*te, and stupid replies when people can not be ar*ed to answer a reasonable question but can give a have ar*e reply stirring sh*te

and all the time just trying to help,

sorry for being impatient :o

Never heard of the guy?? It's been a while since I've had to get in touch with the firearms team, may be he's new??, Mike Everly is with out doubt the best person to take this problem to, as an ex copper and a shooter he does seem to enjoy his job :unsure: really know his stuff, you would be well advised to give him a call, can't hurt can it? :angry:

Matthew knows his stuff, as do all the BASC firearms team. Paul223, Mike certainly does but don't do others down just because you haven't heard of them. By the way do Mike the courtesy of spelling his name right.

EVERLEIGH

??? well

:yp: ;):lol: take it easy Dave, just get peed off with reading sh*te, and stupid replies when people can not be ar*ed to answer a reasonable question but can give a have ar*e reply stirring sh*te

and all the time just trying to help,

sorry for being impatient ;)

:good::hmm::sad1::sick: :o

Guys, guys, guys! Enough is enough. We all shoot, We all have guns. We should all be singing from the same hymn sheet here. 15 pages so far and most of it is abuse and accusations! I wanted to know what to do, many of you gave good advice, I have taken it and am now certain that the police have no choice but to return my range related non human species control devices. It's been real, but seriously, this ain't worth falling out over. Some people are *****. They were born *****, and they will remain ***** 'til the day they die. It's best to leave them to it, don't lower yourselves to their level.

Mods, this thread aint dead as I'd like to post an outcome when it happens, if you have positive input, then go for it, but otherwise, let it die for now.

Find some other sap who thinks he can get an informative answer from here!

To the people who have given me good advice and cause for hope over the last week I can't thank you enough. To the rest............Well, maybe you're in the wrong forum?!

Edited by tinbum71

Would us shooters not have a better deal if there was a bit more solidarity? It does seem that the more " established" and qualified crowd try to distance themselves from anyone who might be courting trouble (unwittingly) or who aspire to becoming more proficient shooters,maybe with FAC. To do this there is a learning process and unfortunately many of our peers are on these forums who tut tut the queries of newbies. Maybe they,re worried that if someone goes off the rails that they havent fully approved, of their sport will be in jeopardy. I think the whole thing is in jeopardy with those attitudes and you will need a cert to have a Gat Gun before long.

Edited by vole21

"da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaa"

ok, i think some of the mickey taking is a bit harsh, but the rest of it.... take it on the chin and have a laugh.

"not a laughing matter" i hear some say. hey, if you cant laugh, your on the wrong forum :unsure: :angry:

:hmm: well

None taken kid , serving soldier , married to a German , Uncle Adolfs daughter I think!! :good:

:hmm: well

None taken kid , serving soldier , married to a German , Uncle Adolfs daughter I think!! :good:

Thats it then. Open season. Changing the subject a bit and in the days of my uncout youth when you could leave camp on a Friday afternoon and stagger back in time for first parade on Monday. We got arrested by the polizei for joining an SPD march through Dortmund shouting SNP instead. We nearly got lynched but it was fun.

:good::hmm: Mike Eveleigh my apologies :o

It's got a R in it Mike EveRleigh :unsure: :angry: :yp: ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

Tinchap, well said mate. Thats me done on here until we get the result from you All the best B) B)

:sad1:http://psa.bizhosting.com/whats_new.html :sick: His site not mine, half way down ???

Notice the smartass and other smileys? Was taking the **** ;):lol:

So he doesn't know how to spell his name. I'll have to discipline the chap. Although he is a thoroughly nice bloke. Have you met him?

Notice the smartass and other smileys? Was taking the **** :unsure: :angry::sad1::sick: :o :yp: ;):lol:???

So he doesn't know how to spell his name. I'll have to discipline the chap. Although he is a thoroughly nice bloke. Have you met him?

Will make a point of introducing myself next weekend :hmm: owe him a thanks in person anyway :good:

Notice the smartass and other smileys? Was taking the **** :unsure: :angry::sick: :o :yp: ;):lol:???;)

Will make a point of introducing myself next weekend :sad1: owe him a thanks in person anyway :good:

Well worth the effort mate. :hmm:

What BSAC say is correct in that if Tinbum had refused them entry to his house they would have had to obtain a search warrant from a magistrate to enter the house to seize the guns. There was no letter of revocation as his ticket has not been revoked but the guns have been seized during the course of an investigation.

Is that clear enough ?

Local info on the grapevine is that it's an ex copper who made the complaint. He's complained about most people in the village at some point and has repeatedly blocked public footpaths across his land despite court orders. He is not a popular man, but apparently persistant. He also has mates in the force which may be why they don't want the FEO knowing the details.

I've also heard a rumour that undue pressure may have been applied from an ex plod who bought a house nearby for peace and tranquility. It's possible he knows the right buttons to press eh?

Yep....clear as day...two plod turn up, no revocation letter, or a warrant,

Common denominator is the offence...up till now not clear.......if TB had refused them entry, obviously plod would of had to give a valid reason to the magistrate for the warrant, & the offence would be known,

Just hope they've taken matters into there own hands & done a favour for a long lost ex-police buddy,

BJ.