Police just took my guns!!

tinbum71

Day 5 in the Big Brother controlled state formerly known as England.

Just been on the phone to our local firearms officer. I told him what's happened, it's the first he's heard about it so he rang the officer in question. Firstly the officer says he updated me yesterday at 4pm by phone, wrong number I guess! :good: Secondly when asked what investigation was under way he was "Hardly forthcoming" in the words of the FEO. So, still don't know exactly what is supposed to have happened or who made a complaint.

Local info on the grapevine is that it's an ex copper who made the complaint. He's complained about most people in the village at some point and has repeatedly blocked public footpaths across his land despite court orders. He is not a popular man, but apparently persistant. He also has mates in the force which may be why they don't want the FEO knowing the details.

All purely speculation and conjecture, but of interest.

PS Had good nights shooting last night courtesy of Fleabag. Cheers mate, all rabbits safely tucked up in the freezer now!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basc,and your solicitor have said what please.

I haven't contacted BASC as I'm not currently a member and can't afford £62 membership 'til payday. Haven't contacted solicitor (mine or anyone elses) either for the same reason. Call me old fashioned, but I haven't done anything wrong. I've been brought up to beleive that the police are nothing to be worried about if you haven't done anything. So getting others (apart from FEO) involved would make it look like I had something to hide. :good:

basc,and your solicitor have said what please.

I haven't contacted BASC as I'm not currently a member and can't afford £62 membership 'til payday. Haven't contacted solicitor (mine or anyone elses) either for the same reason. Call me old fashioned, but I haven't done anything wrong. I've been brought up to beleive that the police are nothing to be worried about if you haven't done anything. So getting others (apart from FEO) involved would make it look like I had something to hide. :good:

then turn up in the morning with an RFD and gets the guns signed over to him.

this would be a start , than join sacs £25 approx, and get some questions asked.

Right, have remedied the BASC situation. The missus has just signed us up for joint membership online by direct debit. Gonna speak to them Monday. I should have renewed last year and feel dumb now for not doing it sooner.

RFD thing worth considering tho!

the main reson for me joining basc was the piece of mind knowing i have someone to fight my corner if i ever find myself in this situation.Never hapend yet touch wood :good:

S.A.C.S WILL fight your corner :good: :good: :yes: as for the above :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edit to say - I am also a member of B.A.S.C

Edited by Tam

Thankyou all. I will contact BASC first thing, it was there on my list to do, but it was all a bit wierd and happened so quickly and unexpectedly.

Cheers guys

Nick :good:

Hmmm..:good:

Good job you didn't speak to BASC because they would have reminded you that you weren't a member..??

Is there anything else in this sorry tale that you'd like to put right, before the truth comes out..?

Sorry to appear cynical, but I can't believe that a responsible shot has allowed such a situation to happen.

Cat.

Catamong I dont think anyone would post something like this if it was at the fault of the SGC holder, if Tinbum is at fault and done something wrong he better leave before the truth gets out.

I think he has been mistaken for someone else, and a neighbour has just seen somebody with a gun and theirs first thoughts was tinbum with the SGC.

Df

PS Had good nights shooting last night courtesy of Fleabag. Cheers mate, all rabbits safely tucked up in the freezer now!

I do hope you and fleabag went out on your land just to **** off the complainant :good:

On the subject of getting a solicitor does anyone know how much they charge per hour?

Harry

Thankyou all. I will contact BASC first thing, it was there on my list to do, but it was all a bit wierd and happened so quickly and unexpectedly.

Cheers guys

Hmmm..:rolleyes:

Good job you didn't speak to BASC because they would have reminded you that you weren't a member..??

Is there anything else in this sorry tale that you'd like to put right, before the truth comes out..?

Sorry to appear cynical, but I can't believe that a responsible shot has allowed such a situation to happen.

Cat.

Well Cat, a mong. What can I say? A responsible shot has, unfortunately, allowed someone to have a complaint about someone shooting something as yet undefined. That same responsible shot also allowed the police to take the guns as he thought it was the "responsible" course of action to take. I have pointed out a couple of times on this thread that I wasn't a member of Basc, now remedied.

Judging by your consistently petty snide remarks on this topic, am I to assume you are somehow "anti" people with guns? or have I wronged you in a previous life? :lol:

Cheers guys

Hmmm..:rolleyes:

Cat.

Well Cat, a mong. What can I say? A responsible shot has, unfortunately, allowed someone to have a complaint about someone shooting something as yet undefined. That same responsible shot also allowed the police to take the guns as he thought it was the "responsible" course of action to take. I have pointed out a couple of times on this thread that I wasn't a member of Basc, now remedied.

Judging by your consistently petty snide remarks on this topic, am I to assume you are somehow "anti" people with guns? or have I wronged you in a previous life? :lol:

From my point of view Tinbum, you have been caught in an all too unfortunate misunderstanding involving firearms which we as all as sporting shooters have to bear. A classic example of which being how Mick Shepherd was treated by operation trident.

Time is getting away now- get onto BASC get onto the FEO, ask for claffication of the offence and your guns back.

More or less persecution the way I see it.

Well Cat, a mong. What can I say? A responsible shot has, unfortunately, allowed someone to have a complaint about someone shooting something as yet undefined.

Time is getting away now- get onto BASC get onto the FEO, ask for claffication of the offence and your guns back.

Taking there time are PC PLOD on this one, hope they haven't dropped a ******* & looking for a way out, can't even give a positive answer to TB on it....what's new.

Make all these copy/paste webpages on PACE look naff.....wouldn't it....lol,

BJ.

Sorry, not read the whole thread, but any coppers turning up on my door wanting to take my guns (bearing in mind that they have probably zero experience with firearms and dont hold a license themselves) woudl be given short shrift by me.

I would immediately phone the firearms officer (i have the luxury of his mobile and home number, although thats the same for anyone with a license on the IOW, not special treatment for me) who is a sensible guy and get him to speak to the bobbys.

It ******** and i would have taken the ******* on personally - but thats my style.

Weave

You should really read the whole thread.

Any police officer is authorised by the crown to have your firearms in his possession and I rather think that if you refused to hand them over you would be arrested. I do not think that any feo on the telephone is going to override a police officer on the scene who is more than likely following a senior officers orders..

If one was to act as you suggest I rather think it would be the last one saw of ones fac.

Cheers guys

Nick :lol:

Hmmm.. :lol:

Cat.

Cat: open the door, step outside and take a deep breath. Now give your head a good shake. :lol: