Lanber or bettinsoli

chop

Looking at buying either a lanber sporter deluxe (silver) / Lanber gold spoter deluxe OR bettinsoli dimond line / supersport?

The question is lanber vs. bettinsoli?

Pros and cons

Ive owned lanbers before and wounderd how the bettys fair.

Any advice/experience appreciated

It all depends on what you want to use it for..??

Neither of those guns are suitable for serious clay shooting, they're "cheap" guns and the build quality is simply not there, better to go for a Beretta or Miroku if you want one for clay shooting.

They're fine for pigeon shooting, as the occasional malfunction that you will most likely get will not result in a disaster.

Cat.

I have owned both and prefer the bettinsoli it handles better for me and is lighter,

the build quality is very good for a supposed budget gun and the timber is excellent.

i use it mainly during the game season and have had no problems or malfunctions.

i use to use a beretta 682 gold on clays and have to say it is not a 1000 quid better than the bettinsoli.

usual rules apply get down the gun shop or clay ground if poss and try them :yes:

A good gun is what you can afford and what fits you well. Ive only own Lanber, never Bettinsoli. But all shotguns will dust clays if you point them in the right direction!. When i handled a Bettinsoli it felt like a better gun than the Lanber. But i had success with a basic Lanber and out of 15000 shots it never let me down. I agree with the previous comments, get to a gun shop and see what suits you & ignore the fashion of Browning or Beretta or nothing!. :yes:

I have a Lanber, and have used a freinds Betty several times, and my vote goes to the Lanber. This is mostly due to the fact that IMHO the Bettinsoli have overdone the decorative aspect of the gun, making it look pretty ugly (again just my opinion!). The Lanber is a lot plainer, and therefore appeals to me more.

Of course this is purely a cosmetic issue - the Betty and Lanber are decent enough guns, as long as you are not expecting Beretta or Browning build quality.

Another friend has a Betty Overland EL, which is one of their more upmarket guns, and it is an absolute beauty...so....jealous......:yes::oops: :oops:

:lol:

ZB

:good: Contrary to what cat says, i had a bettinsoli supersport, put 5000 carts through it in the first year, it never jammed or had a problem .....FULLSTOP. You can have a faulty gun of any make, look at the blazers, riddled with problems, iBut speaking from personall experience the betty was a great gun, my mate has the silverline and he shoots great with it, never had a problem with it and his has done many thousands of carts!!! :good:

nother friend has a Betty Overland EL, which is one of their more upmarket guns, and it is an absolute beauty...so....jealous...... :good::good::hmm:

That is a stunning looking gun!!!! ;)

And so light. His is a 12 so the lightness causes it to kick a lot, but there are some 20's out there and they look sweeeeet!

ZB

I have a Lanber Field which is pretty roughly finished when compared to by Bettinsoli Super Sport but does the same job. My Lanber has a tru-oil finish which scratches easily, I preffer the oil finish of the Betty as you can rub it down which stock oil and customise it to your liking. However if your going to be giving your gun some stick in the field and not too fussed about looks buy the Lanber, if not the Bettys the better quality gun like many of the others have said.

Huey