tattoo

bignoel

thought i would have my daughters name tattood across my shoulders last night my last tattoo was 20 yrs ago .the writeing was old englsh lettering was 3'' each from shoulder to shoulder took him 2 hrs . now how the heck did i forget how much it hurt but i did not pass out but the pain was unreal i thought he would never finish. there was a young lad watching who was going for a tribal tattoo who decided on 3 little star's after watching me get tattood. her is joanne

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered that in 50 years time, there will be great grandmothers tottering around Tesco's with their zimmer frames, sporting faded tattoos with the likes of "Essex Hells Angels, Bradfield Chapter" and "With Death I ride" on display?

Edited by bob300w

Has anyone considered that in 50 years time, there will be great grandmothers tottering around Tesco's with their zimmer frames, sporting faded tattoos with the likes of "Essex Hells Angels, Bradfield Chapter" and "With Death I ride" on display?

Or even sooner, someone I know with her now ex-boyfriends initials tattoo'd on her wrist, and she is only 20 :blush:

Or even sooner, someone I know with her now ex-boyfriends initials tattoo'd on her wrist, and she is only 20 :blush:

Yep, I had mine done when I was 18, every time that I went in for a new one, there was a girl or guy having a ex's name changed into a scroll of flowers.

It has been a subject on here many many times, but I don't think I have ever asked those with tattoo's if it is adictive?

You rarely see anyone with one, once they start that seems to be it, Beckham is a prime example.

Doesn't do anything for him at all, but I doubt he cares.

i remember when i was younger it is addictive .only had this one as it took me 16 yrs to find my daughter her mother married her boss name change and moved out of area. but all my searching has paid off proud dad that was 3 yrs ago since i found her now he lives near me and visits 4 times a week.great

my old man's covered in them. apparently when he was serving in Hong Kong in the early 80's you could get free beer whilst having tattoo's or waiting for you're mates to get tattoo's. so when him and his mates where skint they used to go to the tattoo parloure rather than the bar!

ive noticed that more and more women are having tatoos done in more visible places.-hands, feet etc, i oftenwonder how they will explain to their grandchildren why they had them? i have tatoos on arms and back, and to be honest,im 48, i wish i never had any at all.. just glad i can cover then up

and in afew hundred years time when they are being dug up by the new time team, they will wonder why they were buried with slicon bags placed on their chests.

M.

(borrowed from elsewhere)

Edited by MGMan

and in afew hundred years time when they are being dug up by the new time team, they will wonder why they were buried with slicon bags placed on their chests.

M.

(borrowed from elsewhere)

As you take great delight in being pedantic over my spelling, perhaps you would care to explain what a "SLICON" bag is.

An "AFEW" I take to be word from the darkest depths of Mersea, you know what they say about people and glasshouses......

umm i have a few tats

However went Fishing and caught a couple of beaut Pollocks, went down the studio and said can you Tatoo a nice big pair of Pollock’s on my back

Maybe is lisped? Anyway needless to say my shirt stays on!

ive got some tatt's.... got a half sleeve on the go at the mo.... hour after hour in the chair.... on the issue of "does it hurt ?" well, that depends on where your having it done... none of the bits on my arm hurt that much, top of shoulder was a bit stingy........ worst ive had done is my sons name on the inside of my wrist...... pain aint the word, i winced like a girl and trying to keep still and not flinch isnt that easy....

its deffinaitly addictive, deffinaitly.... id have loads more done if i could afford it and the wife would'nt tell me i looked like QueeQueg from moby ****...

its double standards i know, but im not that keen on them on women ....sorry girls....

thought i would have my daughters name tattood across my shoulders last night my last tattoo was 20 yrs ago .the writeing was old englsh lettering was 3'' each from shoulder to shoulder took him 2 hrs . now how the heck did i forget how much it hurt but i did not pass out but the pain was unreal i thought he would never finish. there was a young lad watching who was going for a tribal tattoo who decided on 3 little star's after watching me get tattood. her is joanne

I think a lot of the pain depends on the talent of the tattooist themselves.

I've got a few tattoo's dotted around and some did hurt more than others

not because of the body part I was having tattooed but because of how

the tattoo machine is used.

I've had work done on my back and I was in agony because the guy

was raking the needle through my skin much the same as a child does

with a wax crayon and a sheet of paper.

But on the other hand I've had more work done on the same place that

was done properly that just tickled a bit.

When I got the left hand side of my head done I was in agony but I don't

even think a light handed touch with the tattoo machine would have helped.

It was just destined to be painful.

It was strange, when I was having it done my right foot and hand kept

going in to spasm and twitching.

Here's a picture, it looks a bit different now cause I've had more done to it

and I don't have hair any more. I had a funny turn the other night and

shaved it all off, eight years of hair growth gone :good:

Tattoo.jpg