Sunroof kit or instal - Cheap and cheerful

Mungler

The last time I ever looked at an after market sunroof was 20 years ago standing in Ken Lee motor spares in Romford and their prices were from £60 upwards.

I am now trying to source and instal a large pop top sun roof to stick in the back of the Sportrak for back seat passengers to shoot out of.

Everyone I have phoned tells me that the days of the cheap and cheerful sunroof have long passed - they are all slide, tilt, electric and tinted.

What do you know?

The back roof panel of the Sportrak is fibreglass and yes I know it will detach but that's a path to aggro, soft tops, hard top storage and grief.

Andy,

There used to be a company in colchester who did just the thing you are talking about. They were called Watts upholsterers and they were just off hythe hill. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with.

Cheers

Martin

PS don't forget the chokes or Bob's magazine tomorrow :good:

Here you go,

A J Watts Trim Shop

3, Parsons Lane, Colchester, Essex CO1 2NN

Tel: 01206 506166

Edited by martincavie

I'm not mentioning any names here (fleabag) but I know someone that wishes the ***** who put a sunroof made for a curved roof into a car with a flat roof did the job properly. Problem is it would cost more to drive that V6 pajero up here to get it put right than another sunroof would cost in Cornwall.

Just sayin be carefull like :good: