What would you do ?

MJN

I have some kevlar panels from some old ballistic vests. I would have put the gun in the car and covered the end of the barrels with it to make it safe. I would then keep it safe until I could get it to a gunsmith.

Harry

Unfortunately most people don't carry old kevlar panels around with them.

Isn't it a bit of a shocker if the F3 is sold as some 'high end' gun and this has happened no?

Or is it lack of maintenance?

We were at the CLA a few years back when John Bidwell was demo'ing the gun before it was launched, and it failed to switch over after the bottom barrel had fired, a bit :lol: in front of few hundred shooters.

That was passed of as a pre-production unit issue . . .

Excluding Mung, MC and LV whom i believe two of which have had trouble with their Blasers, i have three acquaintances with whom i have with shot and borrowed their guns that have sent their Blasers back for one reason or another. Now i know MC will be on shortly extolling the virtues of the marque and to be honest i'd have to agree that these are fine handling excellent shooting guns, but, even he would have to admit that as a "middle/top end" grade gun there are some issues which you shouldn't expect when parting with that amount of mulla (unless it was British)

Touch paper considered well and truly lit, retires to safe distance

Well it's been cleaned by me but not serviced in over two years.

Call it 2 years use (52 weeks x 2 years) use with a guaranteed minimum of 175 carts each week.

So the first failure I experienced was after 18,200 carts.

Said failure was remedied under warranty in a week gratis and involved a brand new action.

What's there to moan about? It's still the best balanced and handling gun I have picked up and I picked up everything in Essex Gun at the time - frankly I didn't like the Perazzis or the Kreighoffs. It's all down to personal choice.

Said failure was remedied under warranty in a week gratis and involved a brand new action.

That's the bit though, 2 failures, the second requiring a whole new action after a fairly busy couple of years.

There must be Berettas and Brownings doing the curcuit that have had 100's of 1,000's through them without any major breakdown :lol:

One failure / break down, which transpired to be firing pin related (pin to bottom barrel shot out and pierced the cartridge thereby locking up the gun).

Could I envisage a problem with a firing pin after 20,000 shots and no service? Hmmmm yes.

Nice of them to give me a new action though - I would have been happy with a fix and presumably a new firing pin or two.

Edited by Mungler

Excluding Mung, MC and LV whom i believe two of which have had trouble with their Blasers, i have three acquaintances with whom i have with shot and borrowed their guns that have sent their Blasers back for one reason or another. Now i know MC will be on shortly extolling the virtues of the marque and to be honest i'd have to agree that these are fine handling excellent shooting guns, but, even he would have to admit that as a "middle/top end" grade gun there are some issues which you shouldn't expect when parting with that amount of mulla (unless it was British)

Touch paper considered well and truly lit, retires to safe distance

Quick someone let Tosspot know that Catamong has got hold of his log in details, That is the sort of drivel I would expect from him.

I too have had a problem with my F3, but that was down to not cleaning the action thoroughly. It is all very easy to knock them. I bet Henry Ford had a few teething problems with the Model T. My F3 has had in excess of 15,000 cartridge through it.

It is a completely new design, not some rip off from a beretta or browning. While we are swapping stories a good friend of mine got rid of his Handmade Browning as it was too tempramental.

You are absolutely right Pete, there shouldn't really be any issues with a gun costing two and a half grand but then again a ferrari should never break down but they do.

I love my F3 and wouldn't part with it for ANY gun on the market. The perazzi / kreighoff / beretta / browning thing just doesn't come close.

So, has everyone on this forum that owns an F3 had problems with them?

Just out of curiousity, I don't want to spend the day collecting dummies from all over the floor ???

Nope. I've never had any problems with mine, and it's had well in excess of 15k cartridges through it so far, in

sun, rain and snow, on the clay ground, in the field and in the hide.