Golf V6 4Motion

njc110381

I have the MK 3 VR6 (1998). Car is bomb proof. It is now on 141K miles, and still on orginal exhaust. Only work had done was, new rear shocker, front nearside wheel bearing, and drivers side bottom bush.

Plus usual plugs tyres extra.

32 years old fully comp £290.

I would get the 4motion.

Astra turbo? Not my thing at all. :blink:

I like the Golf, but just need to know they're reliable. They sound nice, and have great low down torque. Turbo engines are ok, but you need to rev the tits off them to make them move which I don't like. I got quoted £450 fully comp, cheaper than my L200 :yes:

Edited by njc110381

Get a VR6 instead, you dont need the 4wd, and as its driving all 4 wheels it will eat fuel like its ging out of fashion!

doesnt the 4motion system work like the 4wd system on the freelander where its not constantly 4wd but by means of a viscous coupling it will switch to 4wd when you begin to lose traction?

I have no idea, but if it does then that's great (as long as it's more reliable than the freelander version)! I haven't driven one yet, so may not end up buying one if I don't like it. I've always wanted a VR6, so this is just a newer version of the same thing. Boys and their toys!

I put a deposit on it today. Took it out for a test drive and it's great. Quite fast and very comfortable to drive, and the thingy on the dash reconed I was getting 40mpg when I wasn't rushing it. Even the mrs liked it, which is handy as she'll be driving it the most. At 22, it's a nice car for her. Wish I could have had one at that age :oops: