FAC wording

Target-Squab

I do not use forums very often although I do read the content occasionally but I need some advice and hopefully some members can advise.

I am about to sell an FAC rated air rifle and someone is interested in it. I am not prepared to meet him until I am sure that he is "legitimate" and certainly will not invite him to my home and may not have the rifle with me when we first meet. The transaction will ultimately be through an RFD (at a small fee). He is prepared to email a copy of his FAC which he says has a slot for an FAC air rifle - can anyone tell me the text that would normally be used, and are there differences between areas? Will it define maximum power and will it give the calibre?

Thanks in advance

can anyone tell me the text that would normally be used ?

> Mine (herts) says under firearms possessed, or authorised to be purchased or acquired... ".22 Air rifle" & "Sound Moderator"

and are there differences between areas?

> probably

Will it define maximum power?

> No

and will it give the calibre?

> Yes

Edited by garyb

I do not use forums very often although I do read the content occasionally but I need some advice and hopefully some members can advise.

I am about to sell an FAC rated air rifle and someone is interested in it. I am not prepared to meet him until I am sure that he is "legitimate" and certainly will not invite him to my home and may not have the rifle with me when we first meet. The transaction will ultimately be through an RFD (at a small fee). He is prepared to email a copy of his FAC which he says has a slot for an FAC air rifle - can anyone tell me the text that would normally be used, and are there differences between areas? Will it define maximum power and will it give the calibre?

Thanks in advance

well you must have 1 to have it so wot dose yours say??

If you are meeting the guy then you don't need to use the RFD. Just be sure that the buyers FAC allows him to have your rifle and sign it over to him. I've sold a couple of shotguns before and have just met the people somewhere handy and done the deal. If he can send you a copy of his FAC then there's a very good chance he's genuine. Why not meet him at a gun club? Then there will be loads of people around but who are accepting of guns (don't do it in tescos car park on saturday morning :oops: )

:hmm: why so paranoid? Do what most of us here do, drive to motorway service stations, take a big burly friend and do the transaction in the back of the car park if you dont want then near your home....... BUT the point you are missing is...........you have to write your address on his FAC to sell it to him!!!!!!!! :hmm: