Recommend me a .223 rifle & moderator setup

Mungler

Mung, you want one of these bad boys: http://www.steyrarms.com/index.php?id=10

Edit: I've now seen the note that the rifle is now discontinued. There is a S/H one listed on GT at £895, if you want a trip to Herefordshire. The Sako Finnlight or T3 Lite is probably the lightest alternative.

Edited by Baldrick

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, slot opened up under the 30 day rule.

So, any final words of advice before I go shopping?

I want a light rifle, short but heavy barrel (something that will poke out the window of the truck and fire off plenty before getting hot).

P.S. Steyr Scout Tactical Elite with heavy stainless barrel now deffo go to go and the clock will be running.

If you want light and compact your best bet is a steyr scout :oops: . Or if you dont like the look of that you have the options of cz 527 or the tika t3. You wont go wrong with any of these. If I had the money to change my .223 i,d be going for the scout. The only drawback is that I would be loosing a known superply accurate rifle.

:oops: What about the remington 700vs? Bob just bought one...seriously nice, light(without nv scope that is!!) It has a seriously nice synthetic stock and is very very accurate.The police use these for sniping in the US.Bob took a shot with it, and i managed to put my bullet within a mm at 100yards with ease!!!! On an nv!!!

Serious bit of kit!!!! Bob's is dark green(I think!!) Has a triangular barrel.

Rem_700vsf.jpg

The shortest barrelled .223s I know of are the CZ-527 Carbine and the Steyr AUG. The former has a freaky hogs back stock and iron sights, the latter is complicated and poorly suited to sporting use.

If barrel length is an issue, why not buy a T3 Lite, and have it chopped to suit?

The shortest barrelled .223s I know of are the CZ-527 Carbine and the Steyr AUG. The former has a freaky hogs back stock and iron sights, the latter is complicated and poorly suited to sporting use.

Complicated? A military based rifle?? Riiiiiiiight. Insert loaded mag, pull back cocking handle, release, fire . . . . . :yp:

You might get some funny looks agreed, but a bit of scrim netting tactfully applied and its no different to any other rifle. Apart from actually being balanced with a moderator on and only being 33" in length with a 20" barrel that is! = ideal vehicle/fox rifle!

post-13495-1224849063.jpg

Ok, slot opened up under the 30 day rule.

So, any final words of advice before I go shopping?

I want a light rifle, short but heavy barrel (something that will poke out the window of the truck and fire off plenty before getting hot).

P.S. Steyr Scout Tactical Elite with heavy stainless barrel now deffo go to go and the clock will be running.

"Something that will poke out of the truck and fire off plenty before getting hot"... now its either going to be a heist :lol: or your being attacked by a tribe of marauding foxes :lol: , how many .223 rounds are you thinking of firing in quick succession from a truck, or are you even going bunny bashing with .223 :yp:

Mystified of Kent.

:lol: D2D